How do I tell if my hat is duped?

BQE

Go to TF2items, select the item, and look for "This item potentially exists in this users backpack" in the right column. Do keep in mind, that the error message you often get does NOT mean its duped, it just means it hasn't been rescanned since it moved, and tf2items doesn't know where it is. Backpack.tf item history can also be used to supplement tf2items, but as of now, i still prefer tf2items for histories. 

Go to TF2items, select the item, and look for "This item potentially exists in this users backpack" in the right column. Do keep in mind, that the error message you often get does NOT mean its duped, it just means it hasn't been rescanned since it moved, and tf2items doesn't know where it is. Backpack.tf item history can also be used to supplement tf2items, but as of now, i still prefer tf2items for histories. 

You forgot..."This item potentially exists in this users backpack" --> click at the user, check if its in his backpack. If he has a private backpack check when it was last public.

You forgot..."This item potentially exists in this users backpack" --> click at the user, check if its in his backpack. If he has a private backpack check when it was last public.

Mmm

"Error: the specified item was not found in the database."

Even though tf2items sees it in my bp. 

Yea, tf2items is weird like that, and for some reason, when you get that error, it takes like 1 week+ before it'll show up. 

I honestly, for the lime of me, can't figure out why tf2items doesn't scan the bp when its viewed, and then update all the items in that bp. 

"Error: the specified item was not found in the database."

Even though tf2items sees it in my bp. 

Go to the past owner who had it for a week and go back in time at his backpack and find the unusaul and check it there.

Archived