Need help explaining TF2 Trading

GotWaffle

My friend wants to get into TF2 and its unusual trading, hes going to start off by buying a cheap 10-11 key unusual. He has never played on steam and doesn't understand the game really. I need some tips/guides/videos to help expand his knowledge on the game. Thanks :^)

He probably shouldn't buy an unusual first thing. He'll probably end up getting sharked. Either way, look on youtube for some videos that can explain common scammer techniques so he cant get phished or hijacked and lose his items.

He really should be testing the waters first before jumping into the deep end.

He should play the game first and get used to low end trading (stranges, promos, paints, etc.) before going into unusuals.

0/10 no 2014 and EOTL effects

0/10 EOTL and 3rd Gens are that toxic. I mean mabye aces high and dead presidents. Sure third gen mabye harder but isn't an excuse to turn a great deal. Sold my Bonk Helm Morning Glory + 10 keys for Stormy Storm  TC in one day of trying. 

This ->http://tf2unusualtrade.blogspot.com/

I'll add a section soon about buying quicksells. Probably get the 11 keys buy a nice like 23 keys quicksell .

Thanks, i was looking for a guide, i didnt want to hold his hand through it and monitor each trade (I still probable should since hes new though). This will help alot :)

Thanks, i was looking for a guide, i didnt want to hold his hand through it and monitor each trade (I still probable should since hes new though). This will help alot :)

Yea, it's a good idea to do a quickscan on each trade to make sure. I still ask a lot of my friends before I go through a trade . A good idea for him is to add a few good price checkers who are able to give the price fairly quickly or on the top of their head so they get a good opinion on the deal their getting. As of now I woudn't say bp.tf pricing is correct atm , I would just look at past offers and completed outpost trade offers.

Archived