Can I get some help taking care of scammer

THEslimysquash

this account has recently scammed me out of a S F spec grenade launcher and he is still scamming as a broker 

http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198035351736

Here is the item history for the gun

http://backpack.tf/item/1330557325

He started by saying he was brokering and asked if I needed one. I kept saying i didn't until finally i gave in and let him broker my grenade launcher and since his steam rep is amazing and i didn't think he would risk losing all his unusuals in a little scam for just a 6 key grenade launcher i gave in. Little did I know that when i went to sleep that night he unfriended me and blocked me on steam.

I want to know if there is anyone who can help me on what to do about this scammer that will do it again and probably has before but is hiding behind his rep.

I have no idea were to start if you could so help me.

Nothing you can do really, already a report open on SteamRep. In about 3 years when it is looked it, and if its denied, you could make a new one and then wait another 3 years until its reviewed, so I really don't think its worth the time.

Why would someone with 3 unusuals go to the risk of scamming someone for item only worth 6 keys.

so is there anyway to get the gun back.

No.

helpful, so helpful

If Steamrep takes the 3.5 billion years to do anything, you can file a report on sourcerep.net and someone will look at it

However, contact an Outpost and BP mod, they'll get the job done

helpful, so helpful

If Steamrep takes the 3.5 billion years to do anything, you can file a report on sourcerep.net and someone will look at it

However, contact an Outpost and BP mod, they'll get the job done

I don't know why you're telling him this. Neither Steamrep nor Sourcerep can give him his item back.

I don't know why you're telling him this. Neither Steamrep nor Sourcerep can give him his item back.

Cool.

But i wonder what marking him would do? Like, I don't know, Warning others he's a scammer?

I don't know why you think it's ok to say 'No.' then walk off, i'm almost positive people won't say 'No.' if you get scammed, even though i'll be laughing my head off.

at least try to be human

Cool.

But i wonder what marking him would do? Like, I don't know, Warning others he's a scammer?

I don't know why you think it's ok to say 'No.' then walk off, i'm almost positive people won't say 'No.' if you get scammed, even though i'll be laughing my head off.

at least try to be human

What in the world are you talking about? He asked

so is there anyway to get the gun back.

And I told him flatly

No.

That's all there is to it. I don't know why you can't admit you didn't understand what I was saying and just move on.

I also find it incredible that in the same post you say you'd laugh at my suffering and also tell me to be human.

-snip-

You can hardly get snippy when what you were actually responding to was that badly telegraphed.

A single click of that quote button would have done miracles, but I suspect that was far too much effort.

I also thought your 'No' was a response to the general ''can you help'' from OP, but kept my mouth shut. But if you're going to get narky I'm not gonna sit back and let that happen. People make mistakes, but people also cause mistakes to be made. And I know which one I dislike more.

Nothing you can do really, already a report open on SteamRep. In about 3 years when it is looked it, and if its denied, you could make a new one and then wait another 3 years until its reviewed, so I really don't think its worth the time.

^

thanks ill try to contact a bp mod so people know

The scammer felt guilty and gave back the item wow

The scammer felt guilty and gave back the item wow

Dude, I did the same thing when my friend got scammed didn't know how prices worked and sold his Dogfighter for some weapons. 

I talked to the guy and told him my friend didn't know what he was doing and the guy returned it. There's still nice people out there.

Archived