Banning Gender Salutations

Rambro

Recently, the City University of New York banned the use of "Mr., Mrs. and Ms." in order to promote a “respectful, welcoming and gender-inclusive learning environmentâ€.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/university-bans-use-mr-mrs-ms-name-political-correctness/#R9XXM3UQ68Bc2ey8.97

Personally, I believe political correctness is pushing this country down to a new low. Between our joke of a president, and now this shit, we have shown ourselves as more vulnerable than ever before. Just because some gender confused freak doesnt know what to call themselves, doesn't mean we should be forced to not use a word just because they deem it offensive to themselves.

Feel free to discuss this matter as you wish, flamewars included.

Well, probably not flamewars. Just stay on topic.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Are your politicians even taking themselves serious anymore

I don't even know if the USA is taking it's leaders seriously anymore.

If only people were accepting from the start, then we wouldn't have people like you making a big, negative deal out of things that change.

Good on UNY. I'm glad they're making a step towards equality.

If only people were accepting from the start, then we wouldn't have people like you making a big, negative deal out of things that change.

Good on UNY. I'm glad they're making a step towards equality.

It's not that things are changing, it's that people are trying too hard to become "Politically correct".

If some third gender wolf child from Tumblr gets offended when I say, "Good morning, sir". then he needs to grow a thicker skin.

I don't know how it could be considered offensive to address someone by saying Mr., Ms., or Mrs. If anything, that's kind of the opposite. 

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a while.

I don't really care? It doesn't affect me if people stopped calling me Mr. or whatever, I couldn't care less if they said Dear Student, as opposed to Mr... Why do you care even?

How is this equality? It's just removing titles. Equality would be making sure that the people with the titles are actually treated the same. This can only lead to annoyances. What do you call people now?

"Oi, Jonesy, can you call McIdiot for me?"

"Well David, it sure would be nice if I knew if you were talking about a Mr. or a Mrs. McIdiot."

Remember when they tried to say the only thing you are allowed to call students is "purple penguins" because any other color or animal represents some form of racism/sexism/prejudice?

RIP freedom

This doesn't make sense. I assume this is to do with keeping equality, or something?

I'm one of those people who are kinda accepting of these other genders and like, in support of breaking the gender binary, but I mean, this just doesn't make sense... These salutations are okay, and honestly, removing them will just stir up shit. To put it like in the article:

“If a student asked me to call him Godzilla, I would happily call him Godzilla, or whatever anyone asked to be called. But we do not need another ultra-PC policy change.â€

Recently, the City University of New York banned the use of "Mr., Mrs. and Ms." in order to promote a “respectful, welcoming and gender-inclusive learning environmentâ€.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/university-bans-use-mr-mrs-ms-name-political-correctness/#R9XXM3UQ68Bc2ey8.97

Personally, I believe political correctness is pushing this country down to a new low. Between our joke of a president, and now this shit, we have shown ourselves as more vulnerable than ever before. Just because some gender confused freak doesnt know what to call themselves, doesn't mean we should be forced to not use a word just because they deem it offensive to themselves.

Feel free to discuss this matter as you wish, flamewars included.

Well, probably not flamewars. Just stay on topic.

As I may agree. We shouldn't call someone a fucking freak for being gender confused. that's just fucked up.

But what if there's a "dike" and someone calls them sir instead of miss then they are offended since their gender isn't obvious.

Archived