Looking to upgrade (but still in contract)

Explosion-chan

So, right now, my Galaxy S3 has been lagging behind compared to when I first bought it. It has charging issues and the battery life sucks compared to when I first got it even after I factory reset and got a new battery. So, are there any good phones to upgrade that won't kill my budget? I would wait for my contract to expire and buy one with a deal, but it's still about a year off.

Just a suggestion.

If it's laggy software issues might be the cause, as well as hardware, but software issues are more common. If you like your phone, you could rewrite software (Android) and change the battery for a new one. It won't kill your budget. I would try that first if id like my phones parameters and such. 

From my own experience, can't explain how, why, but my phone seemed to discharge quicker that it used to even with a new battery. One time i tried charging it with an usb thru my pc, oddly enough my phone doesn't discharge as fast as charged with phone charger :D

Root the phone, install a custom ROM like CM12 on there. You'll have Android Lolipop running silky smooth. Samsung's Android ROMs are terrible in terms of performance, you'll get a huge performance increase by installing CM12.

Archived