Add a max item cap on strange suggestions

Utsoob

See title. I want to implement a cap of various strange items in the suggestor's bp, to help reduce the risk of major price manipulation. I also feel like around 25-35 is a good cap size for this suggestion as well.

Ex:

suggestor x has 115 Persian persuaders and raises the price up.

Cap does not allow him to do so.

Thoughts?

because it can paint a market one way instead if the other.

Person trades that item to an alt, starts suggestion, trades them back. Your solution is null

If it's price manipulation, the mods just wouldn't accept it. If it's a collector that's honestly trying to change the price so it's more accurate, then he shouldn't be prevented from doing so. Also, as stated above, you could easily just use an alt to hold the items. There's no real reason for this and would probably do more harm than good.

I mean if it's a rich person or an orange belt with at least 15+ accepted suggestions, then it shouldn't be a problem...

No, nothing is "price manipulation" just because they own a lot of the item, it's called they made good decisions 

You shouldn't be looking at how much they own but the proof they present.

If they have legitimate proof it won't matter if they get the suggestion passed or not because its already being sold at that price.

I own a few hundred neons and I've had to bump and lower the price a few times don't see how its manipulation. If its price went up also consider that maybe its because they bought every single one decreasing the supply and hence price goes up. I.e. he can sell for that price regardless of what bp says

2+2 = ??? is one of the guy with most items when suggesting imo

the "Owned" Number is nothing

it just shows the amount of item owned by the suggester

This is a useless idea.

It doesn't matter how many they own? They could own 100 but he bought them all at a higher price thus there's proof it needs a raise. Also, they could just find the proof and make someone else suggest.  Why does this mean a thing at all?

If the user owns 150 and isn't allowed to create a suggestion, what prevents him from trading his 150 to an alt and then posting the suggestion? or using an alt.. unenforceable rules is just asking for trouble.

Archived