To all the 1+1 phone owners.

Doraemon Ecchi

Hello guys,

For the last 2 weeks i have been desperately trying to get my hands on a one+one smartphone. If you don't know it here's the website link: https://oneplus.net/(its not a phishing link don't worry). But after asking all my friends and relatives i have come up dry. I'm aware there was a sale of them without invite but i missed it by hours :c.  As a last resort i'm going to ask here, and on the 1+1 forums. So if you have 1 spare invite, i would sure as hell appreciate it. 

Doraemon

TL;DR gib me inviet plz

Just saying everyone in the world is out to get one of these phones I highly doubt you'll be able to get one especially with people selling their invites.

At this point in time you might as well wait for this year's flagships to come out...you've already "missed" the time (by like a year) when it was considered a absolute bargain. With the new flagship htc one on it's way which will be closely followed by the rest doubt it will still be the "spec beast for a bargain" that you're buying it for...

If you're tunnel visioning on the 1+1 order from a thirdparty which is slightly more expensive.

I'd really suggest reading more reviews about the OPO. So many professional reviewers have shit all over the OPO whether it be for having a camera/screen/other defect that OPO refused to deal with/fix, or there generally god-awful customer support. 

so wait what is so special about it?  I don't really get it

I'd really suggest reading more reviews about the OPO. So many professional reviewers have shit all over the OPO whether it be for having a camera/screen/other defect that OPO refused to deal with/fix, or there generally god-awful customer support. 

also not reassuring, but good to know :P

so wait what is so special about it?  I don't really get it

also not reassuring, but good to know :P

It was the first (and still only) phone to be officially powered by a non-OEM rom. It runs a Cyanogen Mod version of Android (Cyanogen is one of the more known custom roms). It was very cheap and had good specs with a massive screen. Now the issue is that they don't really stand behind their product as there are several known issues with the screen yellowing and something to do with the camera that they downright refuse to repair under your warranty. 

It was the first (and still only) phone to be officially powered by a non-OEM rom. It runs a Cyanogen Mod version of Android (Cyanogen is one of the more known custom roms). It was very cheap and had good specs with a massive screen. Now the issue is that they don't really stand behind their product as there are several known issues with the screen yellowing and something to do with the camera that they downright refuse to repair under your warranty. 

Wich phone should i get instead? The 11 seemed to me like a beast of a phone, but i am not really a phone expert so any advice is nice

Wich phone should i get instead? The 11 seemed to me like a beast of a phone, but i am not really a phone expert so any advice is nice

I'd wait to see what Mobile World Congress brings us in the beginning of March as all of the current flagship phones are about to be replaced (excluding the iPhone 6/6+). 

Anyway, right now: 

Motorola Droid Turbo 

iPhone 5s/6/6+ 

Galaxy S5 (although, Touch Wiz is blegh and I hate the feel of samsung devices -- you can root though) 

Galaxy Note 4

Sony Xperia Z3 

HTC One M8 

Google Nexus 5 

I'd wait to see what Mobile World Congress brings us in the beginning of March as all of the current flagship phones are about to be replaced (excluding the iPhone 6/6+). 

Anyway, right now: 

Motorola Droid Turbo 

iPhone 5s/6/6+ 

Galaxy S5 (although, Touch Wiz is blegh and I hate the feel of samsung devices -- you can root though) 

Galaxy Note 4

Sony Xperia Z3 

HTC One M8 

Google Nexus 5 

What about the G3 or 2014 Moto X?

What about the G3 or 2014 Moto X?

The screen on the G3 is just very unimpressive. Sure it's 1440p, but the colors on it look awful. 

And I see the droid turbo has better than the moto x in almost every way. 

Have you read the details about why the screen yellows? And I've not heard anything about the camera.

My piece runs perfect. 

The yellowing has a valid reason, and it apparently goes after a while. OPO is not the only one with the yellow tint defect, iPhones and HTC Phones also have that.

Have you read the details about why the screen yellows? And I've not heard anything about the camera.

My piece runs perfect. 

The yellowing has a valid reason, and it apparently goes after a while. OPO is not the only one with the yellow tint defect, iPhones and HTC Phones also have that.

Except HTC and Apple will replace the phone if it happens, OPO will not. 

Idk what you guys are talking about the 1+1 is amazing

*was amazing

It was amazing for the price a year ago as it was basically a flagship spec phone for a lot cheaper but with the 2015 flagships coming out soon it isnt worth it espeically considering how much of a pain it is to get your hands on on as well as dealing with their horrible customer support if anything happens.

My piece runs perfect. 

I believe the camera issue was only with the "first" batch of 1+1? the yellow tint seems much more prominent

Except HTC and Apple will replace the phone if it happens, OPO will not. 

Because HTC and Apple can still afford to. Why are people neglecting the fact that OnePlus is a new company and makes phones AFTER it has received the payment. They hardly have any profit margin. If you're worried about a bit of yellow color for such a phone at such a price, go buy something else. Also, most of the times, the tint goes away after a while.

Because HTC and Apple can still afford to. Why are people neglecting the fact that OnePlus is a new company and makes phones AFTER it has received the payment. They hardly have any profit margin. If you're worried about a bit of yellow color for such a phone at such a price, go buy something else. Also, most of the times, the tint goes away after a while.

I'll buy a Nexus 5 then lol, almost the same price. I think people would rather have a +$50 phone that worked properly.

That's honestly an awful excuse. 

That's honestly an awful excuse.

Haters gonna hate.

It's a valid excuse too. I bought the phone fully aware of these things and the risk I was taking because I loved it. The look, the feel, the features, the price and the exclusiveness. If you can't take this small risk, just buy something else.

Haters gonna hate.

It's a valid excuse too. I bought the phone fully aware of these things and the risk I was taking because I loved it. The look, the feel, the features, the price and the exclusiveness. If you can't take this small risk, just buy something else.

Just because you expected it doesn't mean everyone else did, fairly certain most people bought it thinking they would at the very least get a replacement or repair under warranty if it came faulty. Its also the law in most countries to provide manufacture warranty within the first year of purchase.

Just because you expected it doesn't mean everyone else did, fairly certain most people bought it thinking they would at the very least get a replacement or repair under warranty if it came faulty. Its also the law in most countries to provide manufacture warranty within the first year of purchase.

1+1 does offer a warranty, it's just that it's awful. 

Archived