tf2 update :l

Dreadscope

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Fixed a client crash related to ragdolls
  • Added a one week delay before items purchased from the Mann Co. Store or the Steam Community Market can be traded

R.I.P. steam market item flipping.

• Administrators

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Fixed a client crash related to ragdolls
  • Added a one week delay before items purchased from the Mann Co. Store or the Steam Community Market can be traded

R.I.P. steam market item flipping.

Its not just Tf2,  csgo and dota2 as well.

Csgo is already taking a huge hit from this. S.C.M was a big part of csgo. I wonder how things will run around there now.

like, they picked the worst time to do it. People who want to flip items when the tf2 store sale comes cannot do it, people who want to flip naughty items and keys cannot do it now. OH THE HUMANITY. :c

I was one of those people (sadface)

Its not just Tf2,  csgo and dota2 as well.

Csgo is already taking a huge hit from this. S.C.M was a big part of csgo. I wonder how things will run around there now.

Well tf2 has an established trading for item for items. 

Unlike csgo so I expect for item trading. Easier to sell items versus all the undercuttin on scm so dont expect it to be dropping 

like, they picked the worst time to do it. People who want to flip items when the tf2 store sale comes cannot do it, people who want to flip naughty items and keys cannot do it now. OH THE HUMANITY. :c

I was one of those people (sadface)

It promotes more key sales since people will unbox for a week until they see the items are worthless instead of a couple of hours like normal.

It promotes more key sales since people will unbox for a week until they see the items are worthless instead of a couple of hours like normal.

I think we can instantly sell unboxed items (if they are marketable). This new rule only applies to things purchased from the market or the Mann Co. Store.

I think we can instantly sell unboxed items. This new rule only applies to things purchased from the market or the Mann Co. Store.

Untradable keys = Untradable items. 

Oh... I had no idea it worked like this (never had an untradable key before). Thanks & disregard my previous post.

Well, there will still be hype causing quicksells.

Just can't really trade/resell the quicksells for a week, have to actually have them in the inventory and pretend we actually enjoy them.

-_-

Kinda hate that this happened before the holiday sale but I guess new players who unbox a new effect or whatever have time to figure out what to trade it for. Damn, new item prices settling on offers for a week instead of getting rid of them quick.

That means all the new strange festives will be untradable for an entire week.

....no?  You can still unbox things normally and sell them normally.

Am I the only one who doesn't use the SCM?

I hate taking that 15% hit.

I don't use it unless I know I can sell it for a profit compared to what I paid even with the 15% fees. But now I'll probably be deterred unless it's some amazing quicksell unusual deal. 

....no?  You can still unbox things normally and sell them normally.

But we need to buy the new naughty keys from store....?

Do you think Teerid will come back to TF2?

this

If you unbox something with a key that has a waiting period before it can be traded, then the waiting period that was on the key will just transfer over to whatever item it is that you unboxed.

I'm just wondering if this is going to make gifted unusuals more common now, assuming gift wrap can be used to bypass the waiting period.  If not, then it might cut down on the amount of sharking.

But we need to buy the new naughty keys from store....?

I've never had to wait to sell anything I unbox if I end up buying keys from the store.  I've traded items to friends right after I unbox them.  

Archived