Why do most games with Electronic Arts name on it tend to suck?

Seminal Inhalation

DISCUSS GENERALLY BELOW.

They're LJN in disguise

Question #2: WHEN/WHERE did Electronic Arts start to go downhill? including when it stopped being good, and when it started being bad.

Hastily made by greedy developers that have generally no concern for their customers.

this

Remember back in the day when EA games were actually good?

Hastily made by greedy developers that have generally no concern for their customers.

I like how they even made a reply to their "Loyal customers" saying that "We're going to start listening to our community." not too long ago. I laughed so hard.

You've never played SSX, have you? (although the games were made in 2000-2003 by EA Canada)

You've completely ignored question 2. We all know they USED to be good, but now they're just crap.

You've never played SSX, have you? (although the games were made in 2000-2003 by EA Canada)

Read my comment, please. But on a serious note, I loved SimCity 4.

Read my comment, please. But on a serious note, I loved SimCity 4.

You've completely ignored question 2. We all know they USED to be good, but now they're just crap.

Oh, my apologies <3

Most games with EA's name tend to suck now since the higher branches of the company are now made up of people who are from marketing backgrounds for products that weren't video games; All they see is "Oh? this one game made us lots of money? Well start pumping out sequels each year then!". This of course leads to rushed development times, and higher ups demanding things that they think will sell (mandatory multi-player, DLC, micro-transactions and so forth), which forces the game devs to shoe in parts that the game didn't need, and moving focus away from what is needed.

In short, the higher ups that now make up EA know nothing about video games when they are hired (especially in the marketing department), and as such don't know how to handle when their customers go "We don't want this", and just push the blame onto the devs and just keep doing the same thing over and over again.

but ubisoft has assassins creed

Yeah, and it runs at a "thematic" 30 fps on console; and its a god damned miracle that its not capped at 30 on pc. They spew so much god damn shit its unbelievable. 

• "Resolution is just a number" 
  • "Ubisoft responded by stating that 60 FPS is not “that great†and that 30 FPS “actually feels better.†"
  • “At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps. I don’t think it was a good idea because you don’t gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn’t look like the real thing. It’s a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird. â€œAnd in other games it’s the same – like the Rachet and Clank series [where it was dropped]. So I think collectively in the video game industry we’re dropping that standard because it’s hard to achieve, it’s twice as hard as 30fps, and its not really that great in terms of rendering quality of the picture and the image.â€

They spew so much god damn shit its unbelievable. 

Watch Dogs in a nutshell.

But honestly, IMO, Ubisoft's last good game was Driver: San Francisco.

Watch Dogs in a nutshell.

But honestly, IMO, Ubisoft's last good game was Driver: San Francisco.

Watch Dogs is just Assassin's Creed, if it took place in Modern Time.

Watch Dogs is just Assassin's Creed, if it took place in Modern Time.

2accurate4me

Like in all honesty, D:SF doesn't take much, if at all, from any other Ubi$oft games.

2accurate4me

Like in all honesty, D:SF doesn't take much, if at all, from any other Ubi$oft games.

Ubisoft in a nutshell: "HEY, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE OUR OLD GAMES AND OTHER POPULAR  GAMES, AND SWITCH THE ENVIRONMENTS AND NAMES, CHANGE THE TITLE, AND PASS IT OFF AS A NEW GAME!"

Ubisoft in a nutshell: "HEY, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE OUR OLD GAMES AND OTHER POPULAR  GAMES, AND SWITCH THE ENVIRONMENTS AND NAMES, CHANGE THE TITLE, AND PASS IT OFF AS A NEW GAME!"

lol

This explains pretty much Watch Dogs. Boring generic story, car physics that make GTA4's look like a racing simulator, Assassin's Creed modernized, frickin' rabbid-thingies, poor music selection, that lag on pc

All that hard work Ubisoft Reflections did didn't pay off on Watch Dogs.

They just want it done fast so they can fill their pockets faster...

Look at the beta of most EA games(NFS Carbon, Spore, etc...) They had potential, but what happened? ENORMOUS ASSHOLES HAPPENED.

Archived