Do you study with or without music?

Punishment_Fatal

Title.  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you study with or without music?

• I study while listening to music.
    • I study without listening to music.
    • I've no preference between the two.

I'm interested to see if there are other people out there like me that study while listening to music. All the time, I hear people asking me, "Do you want to go somewhere quiet so you can study?", but I don't think they know I'm one that can't study in silence. If a room is silent, I won't be able to focus as I'll start to hear my own thoughts and then get sidetracked since my mind is a very imaginative thing that creates memories and happy times when noise cannot pierce it.

Music is way too distracting when I'm trying to study. Apparently classical music isn't but I actually like it so it's kinda distracting too.

What is studying ? 

I know I don't really know how to study, no studying skills. But, I do my some of my homework with music so close enough to studying. 

Back when I was in high school and college, I would always listen to music when doing any kind of work, except when I studied; during that time I would prefer the silence since I would focus more that way.

With music, always. And with electronic, fast-paced music. Sure, it distracts me a lot on the first minutes while I'm enjoying, but when I start working, I start doing whatever I'm doing at a specific rhythm so I don't work too slow.

Besides, it allows me to not get distracted with outside noise (unless they come from the computer, of course). 

What is studying ? 

I know I don't really know how to study, no studying skills. But, I do my some of my homework with music so close enough to studying. 

Yeah, I meant "studying" as a general term to doing homework or reviewing for a test/quiz/etc. I can't study as my memory makes me remember things far too easily and studying what I know makes me bored. 

I don't listen to music only if I need to really concetrate on something, i.e. reading a book, doing meth math, etc. I almost always have my earbuds in me ears if I'm not using my desktop. 

Same goes with using the desktop. I only turn off the music if I'm watching a video.

I jsut can't live without music... Imagine all the noises and other stuff around you... Nah.

Listening music while studying (for exams) just makes me focused on the music more and starting to nod my head. I do always listen to music when doing homeworks or school tasks.

I rarely ever study (and still get a 2.5-3.5 average on tests and quizzes awyeah) but when I am studying, taking a test/quiz, or doing homework, I do enjoy listening to music. It puts me in a zone that I cannot get out of until I finish what I'm doing.

Which is good.

I listen to music without lyrics when I'm studying. 

Instrumental music ftw, i'm not really too fond of lyrics unless they are actually meaningful to the song

Instrumental music ftw, i'm not really too fond of lyrics unless they are actually meaningful to the song

Agreed. 

While I don't mind lyrics, I like instrumentals more. Especially when I'm studying. They always mess me up, lol. I'll focus too much on what they're saying, rather than what I'm attempting to study. 

I don't do what is conventional studying; but when doing school related things, I don't usually listen to music, or anything for that matter.

I like silence, I don't always want to be hearing things. I figure it's related to why I enjoy chatting with others over steam more than by voice chat: sometimes, I just don't want to hear anything at all.

I mainly listen to music when I'm burning an afternoon away by trading, reading forums, or something else similar.

Archived