Breast Cancer makes you... Brave?

dabaers

Today I was watching the nightly news and they had this story on breast cancer and the word that must have came up 20 times was brave. Every story about breast cancer uses that word. Brave. I just don't understand why that label is placed. What makes a person brave while having breast cancer? I'm sure some are brave, but why does everyone seem brave?

Today I was watching the nightly news and they had this story on breast cancer and the word that must have came up 20 times was brave. Every story about breast cancer uses that word. Brave. I just don't understand why that label is placed. What makes a person brave while having breast cancer? I'm sure some are brave, but why does everyone seem brave?

Because a very common fix is a mastectomy, which involves essentially cutting of your breasts.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my dick to be cut off.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my dick to be cut off.

We're talking about females and how they would feel getting their breasts cut off, which could have different opinions than a male getting their reproductive organ (I say reproductive organ because the "breasts" are not necessarily used for reproduction) cut off, but I will agree that no male woud want their dick chopped off.

We're talking about females and how they would feel getting their breasts cut off, which could have different opinions than a male getting their reproductive organ (I say reproductive organ because the "breasts" are not necessarily used for reproduction) cut off, but I will agree that no male woud want their dick chopped off.

*Ahem* Circumcision *Ahem*

I don't know about you all, but I never hear about how brave men are with testicular cancer.  I don't hear about testicular cancer awareness.  I don't see people wearing special ribbons to support men with testicular cancer.  I don't see people organizing marches for testicular cancer.  And if a man gets breast cancer (and men can get it) you pretty much don't hear about it.  I think a man with breast cancer has more of a reason to be called brave...

Breast cancer is tough.  Cancer is tough in general.  I just think we have a tendency to go up our own collective asses over women with breast cancer for some reason and we've decided that it somehow needs special treatment in the media.  Maybe I'm just crazy and I'm looking at this the wrong way.  If that's the case, somebody please explain it to me.

I'm sure women become just as attached to their breasts as we do to our dicks.

I'm sure women become just as attached to their breasts as we do to our dicks.

I dunno.  Men don't really get dick implant surgeries as far as I am aware, where they have their dicks removed and an implant inserted.

Dick implants, the first and only trend for the upcoming 2015.

"Man, I want to make my dick look like Arnold Swartzeneggers chin."

"NOW YOU CAN!!!"

I dunno.  Men don't really get dick implant surgeries as far as I am aware.

Well, men gotta be happy with what they got. Women can do anything to theirs. Life sucks, doesn't it?

Well, men gotta be happy with what they got. Women can do anything to theirs. Life sucks, doesn't it?

To be fair, I believe men can get a surgery to extend their penis a bit.

Not defiling my history with that link.

BUY DR. HARRY RICHARD'S MIRACLE PENIS ENLARGEMENT NOW

ACT TODAY AND GET 20% OFF (not off the penis)

Well, why do we say all of our armed services are brave when some of them might not even deal with combat? Its a respect things more or less.

Well, why do we say all of our armed services are brave when some of them might not even deal with combat? Its a respect things more or less.

...or is it just being politically correct?

Well I've lost a few relatives to cancer (one this morning :/ and two within the last month and another aunty battling breast cancer now) and I'd say everyones pretty brave going up against cancer. I think people think of woman as delicate flowers battling a huge giant and mean being burly men going over a small speedbump and so woman seem braver whens it pretty much the same fight. 

Mastectomy may not be the whole thing.

I dont know about you, but I think having half ur breast chopped off is just as bad or maybe worse than getting the whole breast taken off

Archived