Yet another funny scammer attempt

lucak

I kinda hate to say this, but technically that doesn't prove he was trying to scam you.  :ph34r:

This, he never tried to scam you he only asked for a free trial  <_<

This, he never tried to scam you he only asked for a free trial  <_<

clarification: you can't prove that it wasn't an actual scam attempt either, and in all likelihood it was a real scam attempt, but the screenshot doesn't prove it either way, and that's my point.

clarification: you can't prove that it wasn't an actual scam attempt either, and in all likelihood it was a real scam attempt, but the screenshot doesn't prove it either way, and that's my point.

Because a scammer would totally tell you that he's trying to scam you. :s

just so you guys know he is claiming to be an admin on backpack.tf -.-

that still doesn't prove he was going to run away away with your hat, and he did it in broken english so that it's not really clear that he was trying to claim he was an admin.  he could have just been trying to say that he knows an admin.

look, I don't like this either.  it's pretty obvious to me that this guy was trying to steal your hat, but the screenshot doesn't definitively prove that.  proper proof is important, as is the idea of innocence until proven guilty. 

the unfortunate thing is that with a scam like this, proper proof would include documentation of him actually getting to the point of running away with someone's hat, and at that point it's too late for some poor victim.

• 1 month later...

just so you guys know he is claiming to be an admin on backpack.tf -.-

isn't admin impersonation/claiming to be an admin bannable?

Archived