My computer screen won't show on my monitor

JayTuut

Is it my computer or the monitor?

So this is what happened.

2-3 days ago my computer (desktop, im on my laptop) stopped working, and now whenever I turn it on it won't show on the monitor, also my computer has always had a massive fan sound turning on like bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh until i logged on pretty much and now when I turn on my computer (from turning it off for it not showing) it makes no sound, and sometimes it turns off as soon as i press the button.

I don't know why it just randomly won't come up, ive tried restarting my computer, unplugging my com and replugging and monitor. Also unplugging and leaving it doesn't work.

Help please!

Can you test the monitor with another device and/or test your computer with another device? Based on what else you said, Im assuming its the computer.

It sounds like a dead graphics card...But, you can either just remoe the gpu and try running on integrated graphics, or you could try stripping the computer down and just having the required barebones...either will work.

So...open it up and remove the graphics card (if you have one and if you have integrated graphics*) and remove any extra hard drives--if you have more than one then and remove all but one stick of RAM then try to boot up and see what happens. When you boot up pay attention to: the CPU fan--does it spin up? Does your hdd spin up? Look at your monitor, does anything appear or does it just stay black? 

*CPUs with integrated GPUs: Any i3, i5, or i7. Any Celeron or Pentium from the last 4 years; or any AMD APU -- A4 xxxx, A6 xxxx, A8 xxxx, A10 xxxx. 

it just "broke", were you doing something with it?--overclocking or something? 

nope just stuffed, now im with my $10 shitty one that cant run tf2..

gg

Archived