Strange scrap theory.

ϟRai-Raiϟ

So, let's say a glitch happened on an update that allowed a strangifier to make scrap strange. Valve catches it fast and only 1 scrap was made strange.

However, this scrap has the unique ability that anything it's involved in by crafting becomes strange. How fast, and how bad would this ruin the strange market? If you don't understand, just remember you can craft scrap into rec and back for 3 scrap instead. That makes them all strange. Same goes for refined. So craft hats would be strange, weapons would be strange, everything.

Discuss your opinion on what would happen.

1 strange scrap+2 unique scrap=1 strange rec?

ratio is 1:2. i doubt it.

if i got a strange scrap i would craft a strange rocket jumper or sticky jumper. hue

1) I belive he will keep this secret(people do check stats.tf so it won't work).

2) He will make a s. kritz, a few maybe and sell them.

3) Get rich.

4) Report to valve.

5) Get a Shiny sunbeams max head

6) Strange shaman 4 life

if i got a strange scrap i would craft a strange rocket jumper or sticky jumper. hue

Continue that, 1 strange reclaimed + 2 unique reclaimed = 1 Strange Refined.

1 Strange Refined + 2 regular refined = 1 strange cosmetic?

It could be anything, from a Team Captain to a Killers Exclusive.

Continue that, 1 strange reclaimed + 2 unique reclaimed = 1 Strange Refined.

1 Strange Refined + 2 regular refined = 1 strange cosmetic?

It could be anything, from a Team Captain to a Killers Exclusive.

AAAAAAAAAAND your strange metal disappears and all you get is a strange boston boom-bringer

AAAAAAAAAAND your strange metal disappears and all you get is a strange boston boom-bringer

Unless you melt the metal back down, then you can replace all but one of the 9 strange scrap. You'd have 8 leftover to continue the process. Spreads like disease.

Strange scrap>regular scrap. strange beats the regular one of course, it´s like skilled sniper vs. 2 machina gibus pyrovision bodyshooters... Oh wait, bodyshooters win here. Ok, another one, it´s like Skilled scout vs. 2 unskilled scouts, the skilled one will beat those 2 with full hp doing 90+ dmg meatshots only like mlg pro.

I would make it so nobody would find out that I glitched it, make few strange kritzkriegs, gunslingers, festive items and delete it when I would have like 300 buds bp. Perfect. Nobody would know about it...  :ph34r:

Just sell the damn scrap metal, if I repeat the profit so many times, all the items will go down, and if we where realistic, then you would just get unique items when crafting with it, thats how it works.

Just sell the damn scrap metal, if I repeat the profit so many times, all the items will go down, and if we where realistic, then you would just get unique items when crafting with it, thats how it works.

You're not very fun.

To sell the metal would be silly. You need to consider that you, and ONLY you, have an infinite supply of this stuff.
If you sold any metal AS metal, you'd immediately have competition on the market.
So, never sell the metal, but craft Strange Hats, and sell THOSE.
That way you never have any direct competition, but make a killing anyway.

And you can run it all from my secret super-villain lair in Disneyland

To sell the metal would be silly. You need to consider that you, and ONLY you, have an infinite supply of this stuff.

If you sold any metal AS metal, you'd immediately have competition on the market.

So, never sell the metal, but craft Strange Hats, and sell THOSE.

That way you never have any direct competition, but make a killing anyway.

And you can run it all from my secret super-villain lair in Disneyland

You mean your lair in didney world?

You mean your lair in didney world?

I ALWAYS get Land and World mixed up.Whichever one is in Florida, where the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is.

That place is huge, already consumes a tonne of electricity, it's dark, and hardly anyone goes in there XD

What would probably happen is that the player who gets it does what literally every other responder does and crafts strange Kritzkriegs and Gunslingers. The problem is this sudden influx of high-value stranges into the market, coupled with the almost certainty that someone will find out about the strange scrap will both make the prices of stranges in general go down, starting with high-value ones, and make them the single most valueable player in the game. Since the likelyhood of an unusual uncrate is so low, the drop in Strange values will cause the market for keys to decline as well.

Here's where there's a split possibility: Valve could change the chance of Unusual uncrates to briefly stimulate the economy, though the drawback is that Unusual prices would also crash. The other, more likely option is that Valve could White Knight it and just remove it from the player's backpack, thereby averting what would be the TF2 eqwuivalent of the Great Depression.

Crafting recipes are set to give you the item in the quality it shows, which would be Unique in 90% of the cases. Using an unintended quality will waste the item as you could have used a different, usually cheaper version of the same item.

But since you would like me to be fun at parties and follow along with hypothetical situations, you would basically be in control of the entire strange market.

What would probably happen is that the player who gets it does what literally every other responder does and crafts strange Kritzkriegs and Gunslingers. The problem is this sudden influx of high-value stranges into the market, coupled with the almost certainty that someone will find out about the strange scrap will both make the prices of stranges in general go down, starting with high-value ones, and make them the single most valueable player in the game. Since the likelyhood of an unusual uncrate is so low, the drop in Strange values will cause the market for keys to decline as well.

Here's where there's a split possibility: Valve could change the chance of Unusual uncrates to briefly stimulate the economy, though the drawback is that Unusual prices would also crash. The other, more likely option is that Valve could White Knight it and just remove it from the player's backpack, thereby averting what would be the TF2 eqwuivalent of the Great Depression.

...the only way to craft any Achievement wep is w/ tokens. Then again... market crashes

Archived