Alien Series

Jakey-Boo

So recently I've been rewatching them Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver in them.

Just wondering if anyone has seen these before.

Don't even bother posting something stupid.

So recently I've been rewatching them Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver in them.

Just wondering if anyone has seen these before.

Don't even bother posting something stupid.

The originals?

I don't understand this thread. YES OF FUCKING COURSE PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THEM. 

So what do you want to talk about? Their disturbing sexual imagery? Their production value? Their allegory? 

And SSJ means the main series as opposed to Prometheus, which is ostensibly a prequel but fails miserably in that respect. 

And SSJ means the main series as opposed to Prometheus, which is ostensibly a prequel but fails miserably in that respect. 

I'm hoping Resurrection isn't one of the "original" ones either because blech

So what do you want to talk about? Their disturbing sexual imagery? Their production value? Their allegory? 

"disturbing sexual imagery" I haven' the slightest clue what you mean by this.

There are remakes?I

The director of the original, is making the Halo TV series along side Steven Spielberg. Fucking epic shit.

disturbing..... wat? the only imagery i can think of was tame even when it came out way back when. can you point it out?

(and i agree about Prometheus, it raised more questions than it answered. like what happened to her at the end? WTF were the race of people on the planet? how about some backstory! get Morgan freeman on that!)

What I want, is the Anthology, Since I have a DvD Pack that has the Alien and Predator Movies + The first AVP, But I still want the Anthology, Because Aliens, is one of the Better Sci Fi Movies I have ever seen.

"disturbing sexual imagery" I haven' the slightest clue what you mean by this.

Because the movie itself is about a ship full of eggs shaped like vaginas that birth crawling vulvas with penis tails that rape you in the face, impregnating you, forcing you to "birth" an alien via the way of it fucking itself out of your chest cavity with its' penis-shaped head. Did you miss that? 

And I'm not making it up, the metaphor of mouth-rape is what spawned the character itself.

disturbing..... wat? the only imagery i can think of was tame even when it came out way back when. can you point it out?

(and i agree about Prometheus, it raised more questions than it answered. like what happened to her at the end? WTF were the race of people on the planet? how about some backstory! get Morgan freeman on that!)

Only disturbing in the implications behind it, not the scenes themselves. And no, shit like this was not considered "tame" in 1979. It was actually a marvel of special effects and makeup, and it was so shocking people flipped the fuck out when it premiered. 

You gotta think, this was before there were buckets of CGI blood in every other movie. People had a lower tolerance then. Shit, I remember seeing that when I was about 11 and nearly shitting my pants.

And yeah, fuck Prometheus. The worst part is they could have actually ended it in a way that made sense if they had the space jockey start to fly the ship and then have the chest-burster pop out. HOW HARD WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN?

dumb spam comment.

I love how anime fans shit bricks when you insult their tastes but can't wait to trash everything else. If this isn't the thread for you, leave. 

sorry i guess the whole mouth rape thing didn't connect because it seemed like just something from nature. nature is some F@^@ed up $#!%. there are legitimate zombies out there.

and i just thought the eggs were gross. eww. but yeah i forgot how sensitive people were. sorry.

sorry i guess the whole mouth rape thing didn't connect because it seemed like just something from nature. nature is some F@^@ed up $#!%. there are legitimate zombies out there.

and i just thought the eggs were gross. eww. but yeah i forgot how sensitive people were. sorry.

Oh no need for sorry, I get what you're saying. See we've been kind of desensitized after seeing the stuff they put in movies now, with movies like Saw.

And yeah, you just made me think of that creepy fungus that infects ants and mind-controls them into killing their colonies. Nature is more terrifying than any shit we could ever imagine in movies. 

I think everyone on here has seen them, it's a pretty big series.

Yeah I've of course seen them, they're not the newest you can find, but it does give you the creeps the first time you watch them, especially alone at night.

Archived