52 members have voted

1. 1. They are stable in...

• ~1 Month
    • ~3 Months
    • ~6 Months
    • ~9 Months
    • ~Next Year
    • Will take as long as the 2013 effects to become stable

Hmm. Well, Some argue that 3rd Gens are just about starting to stabilize now. That took what, a year? And a few are still volatile. But they're getting there.
Taunts, have the same amount of new effects (ish) but there's only one hundred or so combinations of taunt + effect, as apposed to the thousands of hat + effect.

tl;dr Taunts may take a while, but not as long as third gens

Surprisingly, taunts have not really changed that much in the last month, even for taunts that went from 1 of 2 in existence to 1 of 8. That's not to say that they won't. But these are not the same as third gen unusuals which dropped precipitously last year. Furthermore, taunts seem to sell for more readily in pure than 2nd or 3rd gen unusual hats (I might even argue compared to 1st gen hats). Almost all the sales in every suggestion I have looked at happened in under a week, frequently in under 2 days.

Having said all this, perhaps there is still a large demand from collectors. I have seen a lot of purchases from guys like Mattie, Vo0, HLA, etc. in pure. Perhaps when high end traders have what they want and as supply continues to increase, there may be a drop, particularly on high end taunts. But right now, they are doing quite well. The percentage of a particular taunt + effect on the market vs in existence is quite low - most people currently are buying for keeps. This is also very different from what we see / saw with 3rd gens.

Surprisingly, taunts have not really changed that much in the last month, even for taunts that went from 1 of 2 in existence to 1 of 8. That's not to say that they won't. But these are not the same as third gen unusuals which dropped precipitously last year. Furthermore, taunts seem to sell for more readily in pure than 2nd or 3rd gen unusual hats. Almost all the sales in every suggestion I have looked at happened in under a week, frequently in under 2 days.

I guess that's part of the hype actually

2013 effects only started dropping after more and more got unboxed, taunts are new and not many in existance

I guess that's part of the hype actually

2013 effects only started dropping after more and more got unboxed, taunts are new and not many in existance

Some taunts already have 8 in existence of a particular effect, yet I'll still only see 1 or 2 on the market. From what I recall of 3rd gens, when there are 8 in existence, there have always been a majority on the market. Even when they were new.

They are stabilish right now, going to drop soon tho, would love to see lots of dem for cheap (10 keyz)

Saying that anything can "stabilize" is sort of childish.

Look at everything Valve's been throwing at us.

Miscs, these new taunts, the "old" summer effects, etc.

As long as Volvo is in charge, you'll need to keep making price suggestions!

:D

Some taunts already have 8 in existence of a particular effect, yet I'll still only see 1 or 2 on the market. From what I recall of 3rd gens, when there are 8 in existence, there have always been a majority on the market. Even when they were new.

Well, if i'd unbox a taunt, i'd keep it.. if it's a taunt for a class i play - why not keep it?

i agree with banana

They are stabilish right now, going to drop soon tho, would love to see lots of dem for cheap (10 keyz)

[in both points]

Well, some are gonna drop faster than others, I suspect...
I mean, Conga's gonna be god-tier high for a looooong time.

The I See You, on the other hand... 1:1 for Nuts Dread Knot iz gud deel
(Exaggerating for humor, but you get the point)

Archived