Interesting MVM Topic

Amen

So Pearly Gates has got me interested in this topic. Pearly has a problem with 100+ tour mvm players stating they are scumbags, think they are the best, calls everyone noobs, etc. Now I'm assuming he ran into some of these 100+ tour ppl recently which has made him make that status update stating those claims. Myself, being a 100+ tour mvm player, I want to hear the community thoughts on this/share my own thoughts when I play.

My experiences with mvm players (I have over 100 tours):

When I play mvm, i am generally a "you don't bother me about things and I won't bother you" kinda deal. This includes class selection, upgrades, etc. (to a certain point). If they are a scout and only upgrades their gun, I'll speak up. 

Starting with low tour players, more recently I've been getting really low tour players telling me to switch classes because i didn't pick one of the "meta" classes (scout, engi, soldier, demo, medic, heavy). Some times they would even say "switch or kick." At that point either I would leave or other players would point out that I have 100+ tours and the person telling me to switch classes would then go on and need to get carried the rest of the game. Yes, this is annoying for me.

High tour players generally don't care what I do, with the exception of a few cases, this is probably expected. I have noticed that some high tour players are assholes to some low tour players because of how they play. 

I do run into problems with both low tour and high tour players, however more so with low tour players. I won't pretend I'm perfect in terms of being nice, I'm sure at times I've been rude to other ppl (although I never initiate anything), I have yet to use the word "noob" or called anyone a noob, and I don't call myself the greatest (I mean even though I am :rolleyes: ) but higher tour players generally carry the team if needed (they are the better players in general without doubt). 

Your experiences: 

You probably fit into either 1) Low tours or 2) High tours 

It would be interesting (to me at least) to know how you view other players that are either low tour or high tour. Are high tour players complete controlling assholes? Are low tour players plain terrible and unteachable? Do you leave when you see 5 other 0-1 tour players? Do you leave when you see 5 other 100+ tour players?

If you have the time, post below with your experiences with other mvm players. I'm very curious to know how you guys view one another. And yes, when I see 5 other 0-1 tour players, I generally just leave (or ask to be kicked to avoid penalty, they usually never kick me).

Your experiences: 

You probably fit into either 1) Low tours or 2) High tours 

Does "Never Plays MvM" count as "Low Tours"?

a while back, 8 tours was considered high lol... anyways i had bad experiences as a 8 tour-er

1) Low tiers are normally either trolls, absolute fgts, or very pro mlg players that got bored of the normal game mode.

The worst thing about fgts is that they say "i got this" and go demoknight and pyro and die once the robots come in. These are normally the 0-1 tour people. The other fgts are ones that go a meta class like soldier, say they have the most tours so they are the best. Numerous times i have met people with 20+ tours who are absolute shit

2) High tiers are normally either absolute fgts, quiet people, or people that dont shut the f up and think they are the best

I hate it when pro 100+ tours players say i can play sniper,spy or second soldier/demo/medic. *herp derp* U hev low tour, u will be noob.

I remember playing with my friend one time(pro asian mlg headshot sniper type guy), went sniper on an mvm server(his main). The one pro told him to "fuck off and go back to the boot camp where you belong", then the other 50+ tour player vote kicked him and said "he has 11 tours, he probably knows what he is up to". After the match i added the guy who told my friend to "fuck off" and sent him a screenshot of the sniper being the top scorer in the game. the guy just said, nice photoshop fucker and unfriended me. eh.

After the match i added the guy who told my friend to "fuck off" and sent him a screenshot of the sniper being the top scorer in the game. the guy just said, nice photoshop fucker and unfriended me. eh.

In the famous words of FF2/VSH on Saxton Hell's servers: "Mad cuz bad."

I'm at 26 tours so I guess that's high(?). Anyways, I'm like what Knave says with being the quiet type, but then again, I'm just naturally quiet when playing the game. I usually only speak out when a person's doing poorly and I can give them advice to improve. Also, high-tours don't mind me as I usually play Demo, Scout or Medic and get the job done.

what are you playing if not one of those 6 classes? cause tbh i've never seen someone use sniper spy or pyro more usefully than one of the main 6, at least in 2 cities. mostly, someone with 50 tours comes in and goes, hey i'm going sniper, does less damage than they would have done, no support, no cash, no points, no nothing basically. sometimes spy is half decent but not as good as having a scout or a medic.

what are you playing if not one of those 6 classes? cause tbh i've never seen someone use sniper spy or pyro more usefully than one of the main 6, at least in 2 cities. mostly, someone with 50 tours comes in and goes, hey i'm going sniper, does less damage than they would have done, no support, no cash, no points, no nothing basically. sometimes spy is half decent but not as good as having a scout or a medic.

sniper is useful in the twocity map(forgot the name) with the bigger map and open area

spy is useful in the manhatten maps

but they have to be pro of course, never seen a pro spy, just a pro player.

good snipers usually score the same soldier, and replaces demo

I have 140 tours.

One thing that low tours guys don't get is that it's a TEAM game. Carrying the game to you isn't FUN to the other 5 players. If you're dumb and upgrade your to a Mini Sentry as an Engie I'll be the jackass that asks you to get decent upgrades or/and then kick you if needed. People are there to have fun and they are supposed to know at least the basic logic of the game since you're on an Advanced level. I had plenty of fun with stupid formations and crazy people, just make sure you're making it fun to all the people you're sharing the moment with.

That actually suits another aspects of TF2 too. Example: before lowballing/making a stupid offer to someone on Outpost think on what you're doing: 1) you're being stupid, 2) would you do that deal? If people did actually care for others like they care for themselves we would have an excellent community.

TL;DR: treat others like you treat yourself.

Literally any class is useful in Two Cities. There are lots of situation where the meta formation isn't the most effective possible way to play. I, for example, dislike playing with a Medic (although I don't complain if there's one).

Does "Never Plays MvM" count as "Low Tours"?

<_<  I suppose

a while back, 8 tours was considered high lol... anyways i had bad experiences as a 8 tour-er

1) Low tiers are normally either trolls, absolute fgts, or very pro mlg players that got bored of the normal game mode.

The worst thing about fgts is that they say "i got this" and go demoknight and pyro and die once the robots come in. These are normally the 0-1 tour people. The other fgts are ones that go a meta class like soldier, say they have the most tours so they are the best. Numerous times i have met people with 20+ tours who are absolute shit

2) High tiers are normally either absolute fgts, quiet people, or people that dont shut the f up and think they are the best

I hate it when pro 100+ tours players say i can play sniper,spy or second soldier/demo/medic. *herp derp* U hev low tour, u will be noob.

I remember playing with my friend one time(pro asian mlg headshot sniper type guy), went sniper on an mvm server(his main). The one pro told him to "fuck off and go back to the boot camp where you belong", then the other 50+ tour player vote kicked him and said "he has 11 tours, he probably knows what he is up to". After the match i added the guy who told my friend to "fuck off" and sent him a screenshot of the sniper being the top scorer in the game. the guy just said, nice photoshop fucker and unfriended me. eh.

Actually I see a lot of what you said as well. I was kicked by 50+ tour players along with a 1 tour player for switching to medic on the 2nd last wave for fun (was a scout the first 5 waves, got A+ on them all). They claimed they needed a scout for money, even though they had more than enough and I could have easily gotten most or all of it as a medic. Could happen with anyone. 

I literally play every class including spy, sniper, pyro. Pyro and sniper are actually extremely useful if you know how to play as them. 

I always tell ppl that it's the player, not the class to be concerned with.

I have about 25 tours (I don't look at my number so idk lol) and I have made some experiences aswell

1) Low Tours: Normally, if I get assigned into a game where are more than 2 people who have no tours or don't know whats going, I will leave immediately. If a player disconnects for no mere reason and he gets replaced with a no-tourer or low-tourer there will always be one who says "Let's kick him". I am willing to give that guy a chance and to help him and if he sucks THEN, I will kick him out. I don't like to play with low-tourers or no-tourers as I don't want to explain everything to them over and over again... But I'm willing to give them a chance if they don't suck at upgrading already.

2) High Tours: Nearly all of the high-tourers I have met are total dicks. They either make down other players for "only" having 5 or 10 tours or they are tryhard russians who only connect in groups to annoy everyone with their weird ass language via voice chat - Like it isn't possible to get on a fucking Teamspeak Server. And when you tell them to speak english in voice chat they just insult and attempt to kick you. Most of them also think they can do what they want, like going Sniper without asking the team. I'm fine if they go Sniper, but they should ask the team first. There are some exceptions tho... I have met some nice high-tourers, but they are quite rare.

Anyways, I'm like what Knave says with being the quiet type

I never said that? You must have mistaken me for Radiated Banana.

I have 140 tours.

I had plenty of fun with stupid formations and crazy people, just make sure you're making it fun to all the people you're sharing the moment with.

I remember on one of the manhatten maps the 150+ tour guy said we should try all soldier(we only had 5 players and kept playing), we nailed it. But he completely destroyed the game. Having x3 as many points as anyone else, no idea how he did it eh. He also kept talking funny shit on the mic(he had an indian accent, or was faking one), so i guess it was okay.

Sometimes its not always the gameplay that makes it fun, the players that u play with makes it fun, i'd rather play with 5 of my other friends with <5 tours compared to a team of everyone with 50+ tours

I never said that? You must have mistaken me for Radiated Banana.

Ah yes, sorry about that. 4 AM and such being that I can't really focus all too much.

I have about 25 tours (I don't look at my number so idk lol) and I have made some experiences aswell

1) Low Tours: Normally, if I get assigned into a game where are more than 2 people who have no tours or don't know whats going, I will leave immediately. If a player disconnects for no mere reason and he gets replaced with a no-tourer or low-tourer there will always be one who says "Let's kick him". I am willing to give that guy a chance and to help him and if he sucks THEN, I will kick him out. I don't like to play with low-tourers or no-tourers as I don't want to explain everything to them over and over again... But I'm willing to give them a chance if they don't suck at upgrading already.

2) High Tours: Nearly all of the high-tourers I have met are total dicks. They either make down other players for "only" having 5 or 10 tours or they are tryhard russians who only connect in groups to annoy everyone with their weird ass language via voice chat - Like it isn't possible to get on a fucking Teamspeak Server. And when you tell them to speak english in voice chat they just insult and attempt to kick you. Most of them also think they can do what they want, like going Sniper without asking the team. I'm fine if they go Sniper, but they should ask the team first. There are some exceptions tho... I have met some nice high-tourers, but they are quite rare.

I'm def with you on low tours. I have yet to see one of these russian mic spammers though lol

I remember on one of the manhatten maps the 150+ tour guy said we should try all soldier(we only had 5 players and kept playing), we nailed it. But he completely destroyed the game. Having x3 as many points as anyone else, no idea how he did it eh. He also kept talking funny shit on the mic(he had an indian accent, or was faking one), so i guess it was okay.

Sometimes its not always the gameplay that makes it fun, the players that u play with makes it fun, i'd rather play with 5 of my other friends with <5 tours compared to a team of everyone with 50+ tours

Exactly, I love trying different class setups/weapon setups. It's literally impossible to try these out in random pubs. Too bad I only pub these days.

I still believe this is a discussion similar te tho the age-old f2p = noob discussion, both people who think they are the best and people who have no idea what they are doing are annoying, both can thus be great too though

I want to have 100+ tours so nobody will question me whenever I try to kick a gunslinger engineer or a demoknight or someone who's using a stock loadout and doesn't have a canteen.

I want to have 100+ tours so nobody will question me whenever I try to kick a gunslinger engineer or a demoknight or someone who's using a stock loadout and doesn't have a canteen.

You still get questioned with 100+ tours, just less probably.

I play Mann Up with my friends......

We do crazy stuff such as a soldier rush on two cities using the rocket jumper and stock shotgun only(Took 3 tries to get to wave 2)

Why do people assume that a low tour player = bad? The tour number could be grossly misleading. there are people who keep playing the same missions over and over with the same tod ticket. And there are people who play boot camp.....a lot. I'm one of them. I have 800 hours logged in tf2, and at least 200 are in mvm, but i have only 3 tours.Its really frustrating when people are rude to you after you join a  mann up server (after waiting for more than 15 minutes at a time) just because you asked them if it was okay if i went spy. Or pyro.Not going the class immediately mind you, just asking first since you are a team player. I can play all classes effectively, save sniper. At least have the decency to see me in play first, for a wave.

Which brings me to another topic, how the hell do people grind so much? People with 100+ tours, doing the same meta shit all the time like clockwork. Demo has to lay crit stickies, engi has to place dispenser here, sentry there, medic has to run only kritzkrieg..... surely after a few tours, the fun runs out of it.

I have about 5 tours

low tourers: most of the time we get a 0 tourer but we help him out as long as we can

we most of the time make him/her go heavy then 50% they become a dick

High tourers: Most of them ive met are nice guys who are mostly doing it for fun

but the dicks are the ones without aussies and are on there 50th tour or more

i.e I plan on being a high tourer so plan to see me around

on two cites

Low tour *waves hand*

1st tour - nothing special

2nd tour - aussie grenade launcher

2 tour done so far.

gonna play more once i get more tickets.                               .-.

Why do people assume that a low tour player = bad? The tour number could be grossly misleading. there are people who keep playing the same missions over and over with the same tod ticket. And there are people who play boot camp.....a lot. I'm one of them. I have 800 hours logged in tf2, and at least 200 are in mvm, but i have only 3 tours.Its really frustrating when people are rude to you after you join a  mann up server (after waiting for more than 15 minutes at a time) just because you asked them if it was okay if i went spy. Or pyro.Not going the class immediately mind you, just asking first since you are a team player. I can play all classes effectively, save sniper. At least have the decency to see me in play first, for a wave.

Which brings me to another topic, how the hell do people grind so much? People with 100+ tours, doing the same meta shit all the time like clockwork. Demo has to lay crit stickies, engi has to place dispenser here, sentry there, medic has to run only kritzkrieg..... surely after a few tours, the fun runs out of it.

It does get boring with the same setup. That's why when 1 tour ppl tell me to pick one of the meta classes it annoys me. I'm with you on that. I never tell ppl what class to pick unless it's a class we actually need (say an engi and they went medic or something). Variation of classes is way more fun.

I have about 5 tours

low tourers: most of the time we get a 0 tourer but we help him out as long as we can

we most of the time make him/her go heavy then 50% they become a dick

High tourers: Most of them ive met are nice guys who are mostly doing it for fun

but the dicks are the ones without aussies and are on there 50th tour or more

i.e I plan on being a high tourer so plan to see me around

on two cites

lol you might just be right with the ppl being dicks who don't find aussies

Low tour *waves hand*

1st tour - nothing special

2nd tour - aussie grenade launcher

2 tour done so far.

gonna play more once i get more tickets.                               .-.

that's some luck you have, hopefully I'll see u in a game some time

I ended up playing a few mvm missions today with a group of 4 players ranging from tour 50 to 300. The other 2 slots were random people that wanted to play with us who were generally around tour 20. Not 1 complaint. Even when we decided to purposely pick bad stuff, we just went through with it and ended up winning. This was probably because it wasn't a pub. Finding a group to play with turns out much better.

It can be a hit-or-miss, i have only 4 tours due to the fact i hate sinking money into a game. I played recently with a group of guys who were great. 5 of us went engineer and the other went scout. We killed it. Got a perfect score on every wave and on the last one 5 went sniper and 1 went soldier. We destroyed the tank right after the barrier, better than any meta situation. All giants were killed before the bridge. High tour can be either chill or total control freaks just trying to knock out as many tours as possible for a gold weapon. Not in it for fun, just profit.

Archived