Dickish trader being nice

Mikusch

Sooooo...

A long time ago I had a trade open where I was selling unique Frying Pans. Someone added me and wanted to buy them all. I thought I had 10 in stock but I really only had 9 in stock. In the trade window it looked like I had 10 because I am partly colorblind and didn't see the quality border of my Strange Frying Pan. I put it in and didn't check the side chat window. In the end he gave me about 4 ref for 9 unique Frying Pans and 1 strange Frying Pan.

After I realized that I accidentally gave him my strange Frying Pan I re-added him and wanted to talk about it. He accepted my friend request and insulted me. He also said some shit like "If you want the pan back you gotta pay". I simply de-friended him and accepted that I won't get my pan back. He added me several times again just to insult me and to tell me that I won't get my pan back.

A few days later he added me again and suddendly... he gave me the strange frying pan back. He said "I am not a bad person, let's be friends."

I don't know if I posted that already, I just find it hilarious. Did something similar happen to you? And would you be friends with someone like that?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061430024 thats the guy who stole took my pan

wasn't this posted like half a year ago? I remember this same exact scenario was posted somewhere on the forums.

you mean,that's the guy who gave you the pan back 

not only that

he didn't even steal it

you gave it to him 

Story #1

Was selling strange market gardens. One guy sends a trade offer for my own market garden with critical kills and airborne enemy kills, he was buying it for 3 ref

I didn't notice and I accepted it, noticing later that I lost my prized market garden.

I added him the next day, sent him the 3 ref back along with a strange market garden with an explanation as to what happened, and to my surprise, he accepted! He later on told me stuff happens, and I'm lucky he's not a profit whore.

Story #2

This one was a true fuck up by me. 

I was trading at 4am in the morning, and someone adds me and tells me he has a #0 soldier's medal thing. He wanted to trade it for my Circling hearts vintage tyrolean. Seeing how #1 went for so much, I was excited. I did check his backpack too, and it did say #0 legitamatley (No name tag). 

We finish the trade, and then the item pop-up thing comes and tells me the soldier medal was like #14245 or something, and I was like FUCK. I immediatly tell the guy he lied, etc and to please re-trade, and to my extreeeemmmeeee surprise, it worked. 

He immediatly sent me a trade back and we exchanged. Without me adding anything. It was so wierd. I did later on add him, gave him a free key (Even if he deined it) and went on to make a raffle with a free key and a bunch of vintage hats because I was so grateful.

you mean,that's the guy who gave you the pan back 

not only that

he didn't even steal it

you gave it to him 

But he didn't want to give that pan to him. It was an accident and that person knew that but still accepted the trade. 

"I am not a bad person, let's be friends."

What the fuck, is he high or something? After adding & insulting you, he randomly decides to give the strange frying pan back a few days later?

"I am not a bad person, let's be friends."

What the fuck, is he high or something? After adding & insulting you, he randomly decides to give the strange frying pan back a few days later?

I think he was afraid of consequences and decided to do the right thing

if you are all strting to tell touching stories,i'll tell one too

random dude came to me,saying a guy "stole" his dp baker

actually,he...acidentlly...traded it to him...

anyhow,i talked to the guy who took teh baker. said that i can get him banned,cuz i'm rich as fuck,and that i can pull strings at steamrep cuz of that (it worked,i died while making the convo).

then,with the baker in hands,i talked to the "scammed" dude,but i refused to give it to him,unless he provides some sort of items,as a thank you

he gave a total of 2~ ref of items

csgo capsule thingies (worth 0.03)

and emotes

i was on the edge of giving the unusual to the guy who took it...

edit:

But he didn't want to give that pan to him. It was an accident and that person knew that but still accepted the trade. 

then he should have checked what he put in the trade window.

the guy didn't take control of his body and made him do the trade

guy came to me,saying a guy "stole" his dp baker

anyhow,i talked to the guy who took teh baker. said that i can get him banned,cuz i'm rich as fuck,and that i can pull strings at steamrep cuz of that (it worked,i died while making the convo).

then,with the baker in hands,i talked to the "scammed" guy,but i refused to give it to him,unless he provides some sort of items,as a thank you

and emotes

Legend.

guy came to me,saying a guy "stole" his dp baker

then,with the baker in hands,i talked to the "scammed" guy,but i refused to give it to him,unless he provides some sort of items,as a thank you

and emotes

edit:

then he should have checked what he put in the trade window.

the guy didn't take control of his body and made him do the trade

That doesn't change fact he perfectly knew about it and still accepted the trade... 

wasn't this posted like half a year ago? I remember this same exact scenario was posted somewhere on the forums.

could be that I posted it already, couldnt find anything tho

That doesn't change fact he perfectly knew about it and still accepted the trade... 

most people would.

what you say now doesn't reflect what you'd do 

most people would.

what you say now doesn't reflect what you'd do 

And you said it to stranger on internet, you don't know what I would do.

Archived