What will happen if Keys go down?

DeathReaperX4

Hey guys If keys go down what will happen with the Items that are Priced with keys? 

I have thought about this if keys go down items might go down with the price, People have a hunger for lowering keys but

What will happen to theese items that are priced with keys? Like will they take the price of ref and not keys? 

like if you take any item worth a key, and the key price will go down the items value will be lower

I am not sure what will happen if the keys go down lower than 8 Ref? 

Will the item value Drop or what? 

item values might start going up again if the keys are continuously lowered through halloween+xmas, until then there shouldnt be any noticeable effect 

Halloween is going to come by and they'll rise again, as usual.  

Why do people care so much about key prices anyways.

• Administrators

That is my same exact thought.

People whine and cry about keys way too much, whether it goes up or down.

That is my same exact thought.

People whine and cry about keys way too much, whether it goes up or down.

Agreed; Keys will never not be in demand, and even if they do fall more ref wise, they will never return to their 2.66 ref point. The kicking and screaming does nothing in the long run; the cycle always repeats regardless.

Most people are giving you information about keys going up and down and they are right it changes especially with updates coming out that have more use for hats/metal, most updates make buds go down and keys go up because of the demand for keys, halloween being the biggest. As for items priced in keys which i didnt see too many people answering that question its really just supply and demand do they want the keys (which have stayed at a solid cash price) or do they want the metal. my guess is most people will still want the keys.

Well keys are a currency and not everyone should just play with the price It should be stable

People always sell it for lower becuase they want to get in more buyers

Keys to be honest Should not be Low nor high it should be at a meduim price since it is buyable at the Man Co. store but other items like buds are not 

anyways you guys might be right next halloween and it will be to its regular price

• Administrators

Well keys are a currency and not everyone should just play with the price It should be stable

Keys to be honest Should not be Low nor high it should be at a meduim price since it is buyable at the Man Co. store

but other items like buds are not 

Curly Explained it better :P

-Keys ARE stable.  They go with the flow of what refined metal is at, which right now is fairly low due to it being ABSOLUTELY FREE

-And no, that isn't how trading works at all.  Why would you ever want six buyers for an item if you only have so much of it, when you can get more and sell at a reasonable pace?

-Mann Co Store does not dictate the value of anything.  If they did, look at how expensive the uncraft laser weapons SHOULD be with your logic.

-Unless there's no crates this halloween, which would be stupid on Valve's part, yes, keys will rise as usual.

Keys to be honest Should not be Low nor high it should be at a meduim price since it is buyable at the Man Co. store but other items like buds are not 

anyways you guys might be right next halloween and it will be to its regular price

Supply and demand > Your opinion of how things should work.

-Keys ARE stable.  They go with the flow of what refined metal is at, which right now is fairly low due to it being ABSOLUTELY FREE

-And no, that isn't how trading works at all.  Why would you ever want six buyers for an item if you only have so much of it, when you can get more and sell at a reasonable pace?

-Mann Co Store does not dictate the value of anything.  If they did, look at how expensive the uncraft laser weapons SHOULD be with your logic.

-Unless there's no crates this halloween, which would be stupid on Valve's part, yes, keys will rise as usual.

because i dont like seeing my backpack usd value going down :(

because i dont like seeing my backpack usd value going down :(

Your backpack value is ~415$

That's like a week or two of working at a job.  

-Keys ARE stable.  They go with the flow of what refined metal is at, which right now is fairly low due to it being ABSOLUTELY FREE

I doubt keys will have a noticeably higher price on Halloween, (unless people hype them up on backpack.tf before Halloween) for example you may be able to get a few cents more for keys on paypal, keys will probably be about 2.50+ on scm, and they may sell faster for whatever their worth at that time and maybe a scrap more. 

What does "go down" mean? If it means that keys become worth less in terms of ref then yes, item prices will go up. I think it is unlikely that the 'real' USD price and the SCM market price of keys drop substantially in the near future. There will likely be buyers and sellers of keys for $2.00+ steam wallet and around $1.8-$2 paypal just because of the relative discount over in-game prices. 

Archived