Unjust ban

Mttarrbbjj96

I was banned for 2 weeks by Clever pun because of "Lying about the rarity of UC pomson" I have done no such thing!!! I don't even own one!

You posted a classified selling a UC pomson for .66 and said in the notes "uc pomsons are worth up to 3 keys" (paraphrased).

Obviously misleading, underhanded trading tactics

You posted a classified selling a UC pomson for .66 and said in the notes "uc pomsons are worth up to 3 keys" (paraphrased).

That seems like a really harsh punishment >.< Unless this offence was repeated, then perhaps a warning or shorter ban would've worked. 

Dat 2 week ban doe

That seems like a really harsh punishment >.< Unless this offence was repeated, then perhaps a warning or shorter ban would've worked. 

Escalating bans is standard policy. The more offenses/previous bans you have, the harsher each one becomes.

What about this guy?

mE0GUFl.png

I feel like just commenting on something cleverpun will view will get me banned. THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY. THIS IS FEAR.

I feel like just commenting on something cleverpun will view will get me banned. THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY. THIS IS FEAR.

Websites don't need to give you "Democracy." You enter an agreement to use their site under their rules at all times and their decisions are beyond question. We actually have a great deal of transparency on bp.tf.

What about those people quickselling unusuals for standard price?

Oh wait nevermind they have premium, you can ignore them.

Unusuals are a different story and they can drastically change price due to rarity or another factor.

Also as clever pointed out he/she simply responded to reported classifieds. Mods dont patrol the classifieds looking for shady trades they mainly look at what people report or if they so happen to run across one.

I was banned because 19.3 keys is not 19 keys 3 ref. Fine, I concede, however, another guy did the exact same thing, but wasn't banned. I checked his profile and saw that he wasn't banned and he was a premium user, then again, I guess, the keyword is "Premium".

I was banned because 19.3 keys is not 19 keys 3 ref. Fine, I concede, however, another guy did the exact same thing, but wasn't banned. I checked his profile and saw that he wasn't banned and he was a premium user, then again, I guess, the keyword is "Premium".

Did you report him?

If you didnt then dont complain because chances are that someone else reported you which is why you were banned.

Its a Democracy. I want people banned who lie about the value of things.

What about those people quickselling unusuals for standard price?

Oh wait nevermind they have premium, you can ignore them.

As mentioned above, unusuals are much more subjective than other items, as our own suggestions can show. Unless someone is listing for a silly amount (10 buds on a NnB nano or something similarly outrageous) or blatantly lying in the notes, we usually leave them alone. The unusual market has many ups and downs, so spotting someone asking for 200 percent of market value is not as easy as with craft hats or g weapons and the like. See also my response below

As has been pointed out, mods don't flip through every classified listing--we just respond to reports. If no one reported this person for mislisting, then the mods likely missed it. Use the report function if you see such behavior, otherwise the mods can't respond to it.

Being premium/a donator/a mod on another website doesn't put you above the rules. I've banned premium people, donators, and scrap.tf mods for various infractions.

rape isn't mutually exclusive from sex but they're not the same thing really. price manipulation is what rich legit traders do with unusuals. lying about prices is sharking for profit. the price isn't being manipulated, only the trader

Archived