NEED HELP WITH TRADING

Isaac - アイザック

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I really need a lot of help with trading as I am not so good with trading, if anyone could give me

advice about what to buy/sell that would be great.

My first goal is to get a Purple Confetti Unusual Chieftain's Challenge.

The link to my  backpack is: Here

If anyone could give me tips on how to trade up to my goal, that would be excellent.

Thank you for reading and I hope I really do get some help.

One of the easiest ways to do make a profit is to buy keys at the low end of the range (currently 7.44 ref) and then sell them at the high end or slightly higher (currently 7.55). You could also buy craft hats for a ref and then sell them for 1.22. Both of these options are hard to do since everyone else is trying to do the same thing.

One of the easiest ways to do make a profit is to buy keys at the low end of the range (currently 7.44 ref) and then sell them at the high end or slightly higher (currently 7.55). You could also buy craft hats for a ref and then sell them for 1.22. Both of these options are hard to do since everyone else is trying to do the same thing.

contradicting much?

try and flip stuff, which stuff doesn't matter too much, although some items are easier to flip then others.

seeing as you have 9 ref, you should flip some lower value items (probbably about 1-2 ref) and maybe consider selling your key if you need more metal to buy.

Or you can buy something with the key and sell it at like 1 key 1 ref if viable for that item, you just need to find something.

Yeah keys is a good start but it's slower gain. For more profit you have to save about 10 ref and then start flipping stranges and trending hats/misc like hot cakes. I traded up to about 1.5 buds in 2 weeks.

Can someone help and explain more about flipping, I'm kind of new to trading so I don't know about this.

Can someone help and explain more about flipping, I'm kind of new to trading so I don't know about this.

Buy an item for price X, sell item for price Y

if you want profit you will want X<Y.

Ive made quite a bit of profit off crap tier unusuals. Once you have about 12 keys, invest in a cheap unusual and flip it for about 15 keys. Its not that hard really

Ive made quite a bit of profit off crap tier unusuals. Once you have about 12 keys, invest in a cheap unusual and flip it for about 15 keys. Its not that hard really

who buys a 12 key worth unusual for 15 keys?

+1 I'm trying to do this for 20 days and gain only 50$ bp value. Didn't worth my time...

who buys a 12 key worth unusual for 15 keys?

to say Avenging Flame's words in a different way:

Once you have 12 keys, buy and unusual and sell that unusual for 15 keys.

to summarize: buy a 15 keys worth unusual for 12 keys, not the other way around.

Don't flip keys. It's literally the biggest waste of time. Unless you can buy and sell about 35 to 70 keys before the price goes up you're just going to be constantly rebuking keys for ywhat you sold ten for the day before.

selling stout shako for 1.88

My best bet would be to go onto trading servers, bazaar.tf or Outpost and flog stuff you don't want for pure metal, and work your way up to an unusual, that's what I did, slow but in the end, surely. :ph34r:  :D^_^

to say Avenging Flame's words in a different way:

Once you have 12 keys, buy and unusual and sell that unusual for 15 keys.

to summarize: buy a 15 keys worth unusual for 12 keys, not the other way around.

So new question. Who sells a 15 keys worth item for 12 keys ? :D

selling stout shako for 1.88

My best bet would be to go onto trading servers, bazaar.tf or Outpost and flog stuff you don't want for pure metal, and work your way up to an unusual, that's what I did, slow but in the end, surely. :ph34r:  :D^_^

Your backpack not saying that. And btw you can't sell stout shako for 1.88 in here:/

So new question. Who sells a 15 keys worth item for 12 keys ? :D

I bought a Blizzardly Raincatcher for 17 keys, I ended up selling it for 5 keys and a Planets noir which I then sold for 20 keys. 8 key profit. Not that hard

Two things when using bp.tf for buying/selling to profit:

1.) Buy low/sell high. Common thing everyone does even in the real world.(that's why everyone here is merchandising) It would be also pleasing if you don't beg for people to lowball their prices, rather you just gotta find people selling low then you buy it.

2.) Statistics of item. If you're good at analysis, sometimes buying items even lower than the current price/range is bad when the item's value is dropping. A good example would be if the Team Captain is worth 1 key, yet you see people selling at a slightly lower price AND there are currently suggestions that lead to lower the price, then maybe you shouldn't buy it. I've been in those situations alot of times and right now, a current example would be the strange phlogistinator. Price isn't stable for newly released items and certain factors are leading the item to a drop which may affect profits/bp value(weapon buffs/nerfs on updates can greatly affect an item's value).

Oh and good luck trying to get that unusual.

I know that this isn't ethical and doesn't agree with the spirit of the website but oh well, I'm gonna say it anyways, the easiest way to make profit (IMO), is to get in a betting server and get really good at a game which doesn't involve luck (heavybox without crits, or connect 4, just don't spycrab) and when you'll get good enough try and bet people for high or low bets, just always use an admin as a middleman with the bets, and get really good at the game (without betting) before wagering people; at least, this was for me, just look at the jump that my bp made in a day or two lol

• 3 months later...

Archived