"New" Unusuals

MC22

I think it is importent to note that none of these will be the new sunbeams/burning. People are still unboxing these effects at a fast rate, and they just are not as well made as most first gen effects.

I kind of doubt disco will be around energy either for this same reason. Stormy and Blizz were on par with/above beams for quite a long time--it wasn't until the market got flooded with them that they started to really nose dive. So, I expect Disco/C9 to be around plasma with miami being around the storms and everything else being around smoking. 

Disco seems to be doing pretty well. I unboxed a Disco Team Captain and from fear of it dropping rapidly I sold it as fast as I could and made a large loss.

2 months on, they're still the exact same price they were and I can't even get near 10 buds for the things I got.

That's sad.

I don't think robo-hate really really exists. Granted most of the robo hats look crap, but there are many great robo effects that sell much easier for much more pure than last years summer effects. I've noticed a good rule of thumb regarding expensive 3rd gen hats. If you offer on enough, you'll rarely have trouble getting them for "half price"

I rank the effect releases as such:

1st gen

3rd gen

2nd gen

And the limited releases:

Halloween 2013

Boogaloo

Halloween 2012

Halloween 2011

In general, I like the newer stuff over the older.  Most of the robo hats don't look good but some are very good and some have a unique value.  The plumbers pipe, for instance is easy to hide so with the right effect you can make it look like there is only the misc and an efffect.

Archived