"New" Unusuals

MC22

If all sellers are despeately trying to break them down to old unusuals, where do all the new ones go? Surely there can't be too many idiot investors on them as idiots have no capital.

People who actually want to wear them can'tfor the same reason (assuming the hat and effect is decent).

what is a new effect now anyways count as?

is it still robo/gen '3'(with watts)?

of just '3' now?

also, I might have asked before but why do new hats generate hype and crash? shouldn't only effects do that?

They Generate hype and crash because they're new, people are afraid of change. If there weren't people that quicksold them just because they were new there could be new high tier unusuals excluding all classes. 

new is third gen/robo, although robo are at least stable as they're not being mass unboxed--they just don't get a lot of attention due to negative hype. 

There are still plenty of traders who accept third gens--I have no issues accepting third gens, I just won't value them at the bullshit prices they'll never sell for. 

new is third gen/robo, although robo are at least stable as they're not being mass unboxed--they just don't get a lot of attention due to negative hype. 

They're also ugly as fuck. 

They're also ugly as fuck. 

Roboactive, Antifreeze, Time Warp, GBH

C9, Disco 

Some are pretty nice. 

Roboactive, Antifreeze, Time Warp, GBH

C9, Disco 

Some are pretty nice. 

Well it all comes down to personal opinion, but I really only like C9 and Time Warp. 

Well it all comes down to personal opinion, but I really only like C9 and Time Warp. 

Green Black Hole and Cloud 9 for me. ;p

miami should be cheaper than it is then. everyone treats miami nights like its a cancer effect.

It is, and thats part of the problem. Most third gen effect sales are 1:1 with other third gens (i.e. you can sell a 5 bud third gen for another 5 bud third gen) or for half off in pure/1st/2nd gen (i.e third gens rarely sell for more than half their "value" in first/second gen effects without an extraordinary amount of luck). 

The problem with third gen effects is that people overvalue them, which is why they don't sell and are deemed to be extremely cancerous, which is why people don't offers, which is why they don't sell--its just a huge circle jerk. 

miami should be cheaper than it is then. everyone treats miami nights like its a cancer effect.

Except for the people trying to sell Miami ;)

Been there, done that. 

There's just too much luck involved in making profit of any sorts off of the "New" effects. (Unless you quickbuy it for dirt cheap, I guess)

That being said, trade servers seem to be a cesspool of luck for me. 

as far as robo hats go, as long as you arent buying robo hat+effect combos, they sell just fine

lots of people collect watts n stuff, so a bunch are going there. Halloween effects right now are great investments because of how few of them are priced, you can make a quick few buds off of them

if you understand what you should pay+what you're going to get out of a hat with a new effect, they aren't bad investments and arent that bad to sell

Also, I like all the new effects minus overclocked and mem leak, I must be like the only person to like miami, aces, and watts :S

Most roboeffects are doing nicely without big slides like the Gen. 3 effects have been experiencing. (RA/AF and Phos/Sulph seem to be steady around Energy tier, some even going higher)

The reason why Miami is crashing so hard despite being a "high" effect (so to speak) is because people overhype it, so people tend to avoid it in fear of losing profit. Added on to the fact that unboxings are much more common nowadays, and most new effects come from new crates, it creates a highly priced but unwanted and commonly available unusual. On the other hand, people didn't really hype Disco and Cloud 9, so even though they're suffering from the same slip and slide the other Gen 3 effects are undergoing they haven't really crashed that hard.

Aces/DP is just an ugly effect that's not very visible. I don't get the hate for the watts, it's pretty flashy, but whatever.

I think the problem with miami is that, initially, people valued them nnb ear beams but in the end they became mire common and are not very visable. Dbd is more so and seems to get better respect. Many of the new orbiting effects have yet to find thier place and no one lives orbiting anyway.

Disco seems to be doing pretty well. I unboxed a Disco Team Captain and from fear of it dropping rapidly I sold it as fast as I could and made a large loss.

2 months on, they're still the exact same price they were and I can't even get near 10 buds for the things I got.

Aces/DP is just an ugly effect that's not very visible. I don't get the hate for the watts, it's pretty flashy, but whatever.

Generally watts were well liked when it came out but because everyone had been looking forward to a "electricity" unusual effect for quite a while they were hyped the most and thus crashed the hardest.

Many players saw this as "omg it used to be 10 buds and now it's liek less than 4 buds" and stayed away from them thinking it was cancer and the people who paid very high prices refused to take a loss ended up holding them for ages giving the impression that it is one of the worse effects ever. Not to mention many people who hoarded them started to "quick sell" them and were unsuccessful as it was still around market price with the hype making it crash even more.

I like most of the roboeffects (phosphorous and up mainly) but I think the vast majority of third gens are just cancer. The watts just don't look good- I have yet to actually see anyone wearing a watt hat outside of a trade server, probably for that reason, though I know a lot of poor folks who decided to buy them early on. I would say they will stabilize to around 1-1.5 buds for the most part, lowish tier.

Dead presidents and aces high are meh except for the noted themes. That said, they do not neccisarily look as bad as watts. I could see them hovering around lowish tier, a bit higher then the watts. Maybe around smoking?

Miami is decent, and I could see it ranging anywhere from stormy to plasma in terms of value, depending on the hat. Kinda invisible, but not bad looking when you can see it. The big thing that gets me about MN is that it seems like valve took DBD and said, "let's make a shittier version of this and release it," which I don't think is all that good economic control.

Cloud 9 is understated. It hearts-but-worse (see Miami nights above). I see cloud 9 eventually settling at or around plasma, maybe a bit higher.

Disco beat down is the only effect I find super visually appealing out of the summer effects. It is visible and well designed, so I think it has potential. I can see it settling in between the plasmas and ghosts, with some hat/effect combos being as high as the energies.

I think it is importent to note that none of these will be the new sunbeams/burning. People are still unboxing these effects at a fast rate, and they just are not as well made as most first gen effects.

Archived