Demand a change.

F  CHARLIE

Then they wouldn't get the hat as another quickbuyer would offer more. Plenty of margin.

a low, inaccurate, price is no better than a high one. Actually, it's worse since people will get more worked up over an item being underpriced than one being overpriced. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a low, inaccurate, price is no better than a high one. Actually, it's worse since people will get more worked up over an item being underpriced than one being overpriced.

Who cares about about sellers getting worked up. What, they were trying to make 100% profit on a shit tier hat. Greedy sh**heads dont do any good for the overall economy and thats what i am aiming at here.

A low initial price will help the hat transact better and build confidence behind its trade value when its being offered on other hats and isbetter then no list price and a high price that can be more difficult to drop.

wasn't there a riot already beforehand by jester?

guess complaints never stop.

And a protest before that by yours truly.

wasn't there a riot already beforehand by jester?

guess complaints never stop.

Jester, and many others, argued that they wanted the price of upper hats to be locked even if buds changed value, which it now is (this made me wonder if that is what has made buds so stable, not logical tho). I don't know what awesome was complaining about but the most recent complain, which is the same as mine, was made by Derpah and that is the high amount of unpriced and out of date hats. I believe this is due how much of a pain it can be to get a suggestion passed easily. Also, there are more hats than ever, a lack of interest from suggestor, and an over all lack of concern for many of the new effects and hats. People don't care anymore until it effects thier hat and then they bitch but don't post thier own counter suggestion.

In the end it is still the failure of this site and the regular community that the most important component of the site is in the condition its in.

I have a new change to the rules. The anti-hype can be bypassed if the hat and/or effect have been out for some time. The purpose of the rule is only meant to stop the over inflated prices that happen when an effect is new which none are anymore.

We have had a >30% increase this month overall in suggestions with, I'm sure, similar numbers on unusuals. Just look at how many active suggestions are up. Clearly plenty of people are having no issue both making suggestions and getting them accepted even with our stringent rule requirements. 

If people don't want to spend the time making suggestions, they can post their sales in the sales thread I made. I look at every single sale and let people know when we have enough sales for a suggestion. As simple as that. We are getting close to 1000 sales in that thread.

Perhaps integrating that function into the main website would be helpful. But I think we are doing alright. 

Why would people report  their sales if its below backpack.tf price, seriously some people use backpack.tf as bibble but hate it when their unusual is being lowered...... as if it never will bounce back up.

Why would people report  their sales if its below backpack.tf price, seriously some people use backpack.tf as bibble but hate it when their unusual is being lowered...... as if it never will bounce back up.

I usually report my sales only after I have both bought and sold the unusual. This is good because it avoids any bias you might have in reporting and also provides us with 2 data points instead of 1. 

I usually report my sales only after I have both bought and sold the unusual. This is good because it avoids any bias you might have in reporting and also provides us with 2 data points instead of 1.

I have done same but this is very rare as almost no traders will not divulge what they had into the hat. As to you earlier point, how many of these new suggestions are getting unpriced hats a starter price and how many are dealing with ancient prices?

I have done same but this is very rare as almost no traders will not divulge what they had into the hat. As to you earlier point, how many of these new suggestions are getting unpriced hats a starter price and how many are dealing with ancient prices?

You can see that for yourself in the latest changes page. More than half are either new or >6 months old from my experience.

You can see that for you. elf in the latest changes page. More than half are either new or >6 months old from my experience.

I want to put in an arguement for the hellfire pipe I have out there.

1. As I have mentioned, the 2 sale rule is meant to counter hype. We are well past the hype period for both the hat and the effect.

2. We have often said that a pure transaction should be weighed more as it less subjective. I believe that it could also allow you to bypass the 2 sale rule.

Archived