What's the best Sniper melee to use?

BᴱTA Slaüsh

If you use Jarate, Bushwaka : Either you hit with the jarate, and you get 195 crits, or you don't hit with Jarate, and... Still a 195 crit

If you don't use Jarate, Tribman's Shiw, since the bleed can replace the Jarate to an extent

If you use Jarate, Bushwaka : Either you hit with the jarate, and you get 195 crits, or you don't hit with Jarate, and... Still a 195 crit

If you don't use Jarate, Tribman's Shiw, since the bleed can replace the Jarate to an extent

I personally prefer stock to the Shiv unless there's an excess of Spies on the enemy team.

Cleaners carbine + bushwhacka, it's ridiculous considering you get 8 secs of mini crits on an smg of some sort which can transfer to mini crits on a sniper rifle or huntsman for more severe meat shots or go all out channel your inner Australian demon and use 8 secs of bushwhacka crits on ALL targets, not just those coated in your body fluids (jarate).

I use jarate, but I'm very paranoid a pyro is gonna come an burn me :c

If a pyro gets close enough to burn you, that extra 20% resistance isn't going to do much.

I use the pan because i think the bushwaka is ridiculous it should not be able to random crit AND jarate crit. needs a nerf 2muchcrit4me. Before i used the pan i used the shiv though.

If a pyro gets close enough to burn you, that extra 20% resistance isn't going to do much.

yea and you have pee anyway most likely, cant outrun a pyro

I've played like 6 full seasons of highlander sniper, so that will probably color my views, but how I see it:

-You don't need Jarate to extinguish yourself. If you're close enough for a pyro to get you, your positioning is bad.

-Jarate + bushwacka is nice if the people you are playing against isn't that good. However, this leaves you vulnerable to backstabs. Anyone that knows what they're doing will kill you before you manage to soak and get close enough to melee them though.

-Kukri does solid damage without any exceptions if you find yourself needing to use melee.

My sniper loadout is: normal rifle, razorback, kukri. Normal rifle is the best, Razorback keeps spies of you and kukri is the all-around most solid melee damage. I guess pan is also an option, but too loud for me. 

I've played like 6 full seasons of highlander sniper, so that will probably color my views, but how I see it:

-You don't need Jarate to extinguish yourself. If you're close enough for a pyro to get you, your positioning is bad.

-Jarate + bushwacka is nice if the people you are playing against isn't that good. However, this leaves you vulnerable to backstabs. Anyone that knows what they're doing will kill you before you manage to soak and get close enough to melee them though.

-Kukri does solid damage without any exceptions if you find yourself needing to use melee.

My sniper loadout is: normal rifle, razorback, kukri. Normal rifle is the best, Razorback keeps spies of you and kukri is the all-around most solid melee damage. I guess pan is also an option, but too loud for me. 

Highlander is diffrent from vanilla tf2

You can use anything that you think you do well with, razorback is nice, though SMG is very good aswell, meelee on sniper is actually depending on what secondary you use

Highlander is diffrent from vanilla tf2

You can use anything that you think you do well with, razorback is nice, though SMG is very good aswell, meelee on sniper is actually depending on what secondary you use

SMG isn't a good option imo. Noscopes / bodyshots / headshots are more reliable, fast damage. Not to mention stopping power.

SMG isn't a good option imo. Noscopes / bodyshots / headshots are more reliable, fast damage. Not to mention stopping power.

Yes, but smg while running after an enemy, and then hit them with your knife(I use the shiv, so it's basically a kill, if they don't kill me first)

Yes, but smg while running after an enemy, and then hit them with your knife(I use the shiv, so it's basically a kill, if they don't kill me first)

Lol, how many times do you find yourself chasing an enemy as a sniper in the first place? And then catching up with them in order to melee them.

Archived