Why I stay away from bitcoins....

Brad Pitt

Why would I touch bitcoin? It's an unregulated currency that's decentralized. Meaning no big authority is going to want to troll me with their bullshit. The only thing that's backing them is people; normal people just like anyone of us, no authorities, no kings, no gods, only men. That's the only thing a currency needs to strive, people, supply and demand.

When they crash I'll be sure to invest a couple more K into them.

How I see it, the Fiat currency has run it's course. It served it's purpose for hundreds of years to be sure, but with current happenings, it's too abusable to be considered safe.

Libertarianism is all well and good, but regulation is the entire point of fiat money. The single most important qualities for currency are stability and desirability, and fiat money provides that. Something which can fluctuate as wildly as bitcoins have stops being a currency and becomes a commodity.

Using an unstable commodity as a currency never ends well. Look at medieval Japan and the koku.

Investing in them is all well and good, but saying that a decentralized, unregulated currency is an improvement over fiat money is incredibly short-sighted.

Libertarianism is all well and good, but regulation is the entire point of fiat money. The single most important qualities for currency are stability and desirability, and fiat money provides that. Something which can fluctuate as wildly as bitcoins have stops being a currency and becomes a commodity.

Using an unstable commodity as a currency never ends well. Look at medieval Japan and the koku.

Investing in them is all well and good, but saying that a decentralized, unregulated currency is an improvement over fiat money is incredibly short-sighted.

I agree, but where's the regulation when a bunch of baby boomers are trolling the system?

Archived