Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quuador

Steam API down?

Quuador

Got the following message when I go to my backpack on backpack.tf: Backpack as it appeared about 4 hours ago Steam API down, using latest cache (The Web API could not be reached. We are showing you the latest cache we have available.)

Is this just for me, or does anyone else have the same problem right now?

Thanks in advance for the responses,

Greetz,

Quuador

Punishment_Fatal

If it says that the Steam API is down, that means the item server to give to websites is unavailable, and thus cannot track your backpack's current state.

TonyBruh

bc steam is always complete shit over the weekends and valve is too fucking lazy to fix their servers.

ᴰᵉᶜᵏ Henry

Oh Steam is down? It must be either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

reflex

Or any day of the week.

knavesmith

Or any day of the week.

Happens mostly on Friday and the weekend because that's when the kiddies come out from school.

Mr Prince

Can happen any day, people just don't notice other then weekends because of work.

Quuador

I already knew steam was fwcked up in the weekends with more errors than successful trades / trade offers, and I discover new error numbers every weekend.. (error -118 is a pain in the @ss btw..)

Just never had this Steam API error on backpack.tf before, so that's why I made this post yesterday.

Right now it's down once again, so can't make a new post on a new item, only on items that were already in my backpack 5 hours ago (from which the cache is saved).

Ah well, a new steam error to add to the list.. Does Valve ever do anything to their servers at all, or they just made them once and never look back to them again? :S

Greetz,

Quuador

The Radiated Banana

I already knew steam was fwcked up in the weekends with more errors than successful trades / trade offers, and I discover new error numbers every weekend.. (error -118 is a pain in the @ss btw..)

Just never had this Steam API error on backpack.tf before, so that's why I made this post yesterday.

Right now it's down once again, so can't make a new post on a new item, only on items that were already in my backpack 5 hours ago (from which the cache is saved).

Ah well, a new steam error to add to the list.. Does Valve ever do anything to their servers at all, or they just made them once and never look back to them again? :S

Greetz,

Quuador

i think its does dis shit cuz valve gave shitloads of server power over to l4d2 cuz dey gave it free before