Stock counter for classifieds

Bakgrund

So the idea is that when you make a classified listing, you get to choose what else of the same item you want to list, within the same listing, so it would say like "10 left" on your listing, when you sell one it just removes one from the stock counter. Makes it easier for users so they don't have to make multiple listings just to sell many of the same item, and the classifieds list will be shorter and easier to overview.

So just to give you an idea of how it would work:

7WRgs.png

They'd have to change the way the classifieds work. Right now, if I have three black paints and put one on the classifieds, as soon as I sell that specific paint the classified is removed. It's actually a lot more complicated then you think to do this. What if I have five black paints but only want to sell four? Logistically, either the site itself would have to track how many have left my backpack (actually pretty unreliable) or I would have to manually decrease the number. Classifieds are fine the way they are now.

cant u just say the stock in the notes

Yeah and update it everytime you sell something, ain't got any time for that.

handy but not exactly necessary I guess

How can a handy feature not be necessary? Are any features necessary? No.

Certainly an interesting idea.  I think it would be cool except for one thing.  I collect stranges, so I have 1 of each.  That means if I have a strange that I'm selling, it's a duplicate.  Then it would always list my stock as 2, when I'm only selling 1.

Yeah and update it everytime you sell something, ain't got any time for that.

How can a handy feature not be necessary? Are any features necessary? No.

I just put my stock in the notes, seems alright for me

A handy feature may not be worth the time or may be complicated to implement

Edit: if this is put in, a feature to edit the stock would be good

Certainly an interesting idea.  I think it would be cool except for one thing.  I collect stranges, so I have 1 of each.  That means if I have a strange that I'm selling, it's a duplicate.  Then it would always list my stock as 2, when I'm only selling 1.

I don't think you understand what i wrote, the user can choose the items of the same sort they want to sell, not only quantity, so that there will be no problem with strange-parts, paints and similar. Or they could do it this way, just let the user choose how many of that specific item they want to sell, and only items of that exact type will count, items with parts, paints or similar won't count.

I just put my stock in the notes, seems alright for me

A handy feature may not be worth the time or may be complicated to implement

Such a party-pooper, it's an idea, you can't say it's complicated as fuck to add if you don't know how the classifieds system works and is made.

Such a party-pooper, it's an idea, you can't say it's complicated as fuck to add if you don't know how the classifieds system works and is made.

see my edit :3 definitely not against the idea

and I did say 'may', basing on what others have said

cant u just say the stock in the notes

But that would not update, while if put in notes and you sell the item that used to list with the listing get removed even though have few left for sale.

Anyway this is an awesome idea :D not mention it only benefits classifieds as the alternative is to list same item more then once.

Just put the stock in the notes. You're pretty much asking for the team behind backpack.tf to go through hours of coding just so you can be lazy.

Just put the stock in the notes. You're pretty much asking for the team behind backpack.tf to go through hours of coding just so you can be lazy.

We already have the "items owned" when suggesting, dont see how hard that would be to use that same code but for the classifieds...

I love this idea only because i hate to see a page of sellers and it's all the same person spamming the hell out of everything which at times can initiate a crash *cough bmoc/buds*

Suggesting != classifieds.

Classifieds are automatically deleted after you sell the particular item that you made the classified from. You would have to be able to track how many of the item are in the user's backpack, and how many they want to sell. See my first post.

Team = Fiskie/Brad :P

Suggesting != classifieds.

Classifieds are automatically deleted after you sell the particular item that you made the classified from. You would have to be able to track how many of the item are in the user's backpack, and how many they want to sell. See my first post.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Notes don't update also putting up 1 with the note sell that one and some one loads your backpack your listing probably vanishes which is annoying when got more then 1 in stock for sale.

Already discussed here + possible issues:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/4382-merge-multiple-classifieds-of-the-same-item-into-1/

And Shawnee is right on this one. You have to track items one by one, otherwise it cannot be fully automated

I think nobody got the point, you get to choose exactly what items of the same sort in your backpack that you want to list within the same listing, ONLY the items you choose will count as stock, nothing else.

I think nobody got the point, you get to choose exactly what items of the same sort in your backpack that you want to list within the same listing, ONLY the items you choose will count as stock, nothing else.

Yes, and once you've coded this please do show me.

Yes, and once you've coded this please do show me.

So suggestions has to be made before they are suggested? With that logic nothing would be made.

Something like this will work and has been already suggested in the topic I mentioned.

It also requires major changes so who knows if it will be done.

Archived