Is TF2 economy crashing, or is it just me?

Kwerty™

TF2 economy crashing?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I feel that trading has slowed down in the past few months
    • No it's not, are you retarded?
    • I don't know, I'm just plain stupid.

I feel that it has slowed down a lot ever since the robo-update.

A lot of my friends have left trading and I feel so lonely sometimes D:

Trading is not fun for me anymore, there are just too many lowballers and I'm so sick of that.

I'm thinking of cashing out but I would like to hear some opinions first.

Thanks for your time.

Also, things have slowed down since there was a limit on the request sent. Some people don't use trade offers and will only add you, but if they can't because of the limit, that sucks for you

Also, things have slowed down since there was a limit on the request sent. Some people don't use trade offers and will only add you, but if they can't because of the limit, that sucks for you

lul

Good trader went to Dota / CS trading :c

We don't really know each other, but I will certainly miss nice people like you.

I feel that it has slowed down a lot ever since the robo-update.

A lot of my friends have left trading and I feel so lonely sometimes D:

Trading is not fun for me anymore, there are just too many lowballers and I'm so sick of that.

I'm thinking of cashing out but I would like to hear some opinions first.

Thanks for your time.

better to cash out or move to cs or dota. even though tf2 is a great game, tf2 market is crashing. market price is kinda unstable

wouldn't call it dota, i bet once valve releases some new weps and the interest in tf2 is growing again, trading will work easier and better again.

A lot has slowed, But phishers made it slower. Imo

But it does kinda scare me that the economy is falling a bit

The second keys left off 7 ref, I realised what had just happened. Keys won't be going up much longer, I'm waiting for the bubble to burst. It may not even burst, players are falling, people will stop buying and everything will just fall in price. I put up a key for 2.33 and only got 3 adds in an hour, if you expect that to be fast, then you don't know what fast is.

Economy has really slowed down, unusuals barely even get 2-3 offers in weeks. Valves fault for not creating proper updates with hype around it and instead making pieces of shit. In the end, we take a big part and we can't put the whole blame on Valve, they've tried but not hard enough.

TF2 is no longer that fun game, I knew it would happen at one point, the games been out for years.

No one is buying, they are all just selling.

Too many different customizations in TF2 with so many unusual hat/effect combos at this point. Ridiculous escalation of favorite effect prices making them hard to obtain to a trader just starting out. Large grey markets appearing with MvM fabricators/kits and chem sets.

Consumer choice overload increasing with each update and therefore a wider spread for interests leaving less trading in general if you're experiencing less trades in your niche market.

All that said, the economy isn't "crashing"; using words such as that do nothing but try to start a commotion. All that I've just said is essentially saying that the reason you feel the economy has slowed is because you're comparing it to a time when options were at least four times fewer (guesstimate). When you allow for more options, then there's going to be a fall in demand in what you're selling.

I put up a key for 2.33 and only got 3 adds in an hour, if you expect that to be fast, then you don't know what fast is.

People assume its a troll post. I assume you didn't actually sell a key for 2.33 refined, so that just goes to show why you didn't get adds. Troll.

Economy has really slowed down, unusuals barely even get 2-3 offers in weeks. Valves fault for not creating proper updates with hype around it and instead making pieces of shit.

More unusual options. Less offer on new effects in general. Most items are community made and have been voted on as wanted by the community. Your personal opinion does not stand for everyone.

No one is buying, they are all just selling.

Hyperboles. Hyperboles everywhere. If no one was truly buying, then quicksell buyers would stop buying items that they strongly feel they could flip for more, and more often than not, actually end up doing so.

Gonna cash out soon. Rising keys, marketable stranges: the economy is about to crash.

Water is wet: the economy is going to crash.

Keys have been rising for years and everyone keeps yelling its going to crash as they then go on and continue on with their trading career or move on to another game.

Why do does 2nd option have "retarted" word. I didn't vote because I don't want to insult you

Just meant to be a joke, silly :)

The market isn't crashing. Theres a multitude of reasons i've given in other threads that were exactly like this....im just way too lazy to go find it.

Keys going up isn't affecting the market--ref is just worthless--as time goes on more and more hats exist meaning that you don't need to craft a hat if you want one so crafting is only worthwhile at one point in time--right when an update occurs. 

The most expensive sales that have ever happened are happening now--i.e. items are trending up in value--opposite of crashing.

Sales just seem to slow down because there are more hats and more effects meaning you now have more competition. ex: they're used to be 10 soldier hats and 1 was good; now there are 20 and 2 are good (made up numbers)--but the point is that there is more competition for every hat. 

And finally, the biggest reason why the economy appears to be going south is the new effects. People don't want to touch them because they don't sell, but they don't sell because people are continuing to highball them--most people are still asking for around beams on miami/disco, above hearts for c9, and above or around energies on the watts. Clearly, these prices are much higher than they should be; so until people start to sell at 'appropriate' prices they won't really sell meaning that you're going to pretty much have to ignore like half the market (and offers) that you get. (Its not really that you're getting lowballed, its more that the person offering wants to play the new effect hype for as long as possible and are actually making a 'decent' offer).

Trading was never fun. There were always lowballers & highballers. 

As baloo mentioned there are a tons of more options for users. Leading to items taking a bit longer before the right person sees your trade. 

The market isn't crashing and is staying pretty healthy(growing), evident on how much the SCM is used.

And how keys are now much more higher in the paypal market, then they previously were.

As for unusuals, if you have any 3rd gen effect/hats it is understandable that you will rarely get an offer, let alone a good one. 1st gen effects always get offers and sell at a good speed. 

I like how much baloo and awesome have edited into their post. 

As baloo mentioned there are a tons of more options for users. Leading to items taking a bit longer before the right person sees your trade. 

The market isn't crashing and is staying pretty healthy(growing), evident on how much the SCM is used.

And how keys are now much more higher in the paypal market, then they previously were.

As for unusuals, if you have any 3rd gen effect/hats it is understandable that you will rarely get an offer, let alone a good one. 1st gen effects always get offers and sell at a good speed. 

I decided to not be lazy :3 

^

I'm on my phone, and I reread it and saw I had a lot of grammatical and logical errors. I went back in and corrected them, and then I read NotPeng's highly incorrect post and decided to address some of it in the same post instead of making another one. Also, it seems I'm the only one that realizes how to cut a quote to only address what I've quoted.

I'm on my phone, and I reread it and saw I had a lot of grammatical and logical errors. I went back in and corrected them, and then I read NotPeng's highly incorrect post and decided to address some of it in the same post instead of making another one. Also, it seems I'm the only one that realizes how to cut a quote to only address what I've quoted.

It appears as though you're the only one who's not a lazy fuck.

Just meant to be a joke, silly :)

Nuh now you insulted me.

Making those killstreaks uncrateable really sucks, exceptI can get one to rocket launcher for cheaper now huehue

I wouldn't go as far saying it's crashing by any means, it's just in complete disarray at the moment where weapons and killstreaks are concerned.  

I'm getting bored.

I don't know why, seems everything is just going so slow for me and sluggish, it's like a cashier taking 10 swipes to get that price on that bread and no one has time for that crap.

It takes hours or even days to sell something now. I usually bump my trades often, but now....MEHHHH. And with valve making stranges marketable, It

might be the stupidest thing they have done. Valve just wants to ruin everything huh? (2+2=? will have a bad time with this thing)

I'll just do what I did back then. Cash-out and wait a few months and see what happens. If the market crashes I'll just sell my keys and buy games. If not then I'll give valve a big hug and continue on with my trading journey. 

Edit: And I just got scammed a few minutes ago, another reason to quit tf2. Guess it's time to cry in the corner and think about my stupidity.

I'm getting bored.

I don't know why, seems everything is just going so slow for me and sluggish, it's like a cashier taking 10 swipes to get that price on that bread and no one has time for that crap.

It takes hours or even days to sell something now. I usually bump my trades often, but now....MEHHHH. And with valve making stranges marketable, It

might be the stupidest thing they have done. Valve just wants to ruin everything huh? (2+2=? will have a bad time with this thing)

I'll just do what I did back then. Cash-out and wait a few months and see what happens. If the market crashes I'll just sell my keys and buy games. If not then I'll give valve a big hug and continue on with my trading journey. 

Edit: And I just got scammed a few minutes ago, another reason to quit tf2. Guess it's time to cry in the corner and think about my stupidity.

I wil gib yu hug c:

Baloo correctly addressed the volume of items problem but if you find the right ones you could flip them easy.

Awesome correctly addressed 3rd gen effects and the 1st Gen issues.

Sidenote to effect pricing:

I believe that 1st gens never received the hype pricing they gen 2 and gen 3 have so there rise may be an expected result in some cases

Gen 1

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Pyromancer%27s%20Mask/Tradable/Craftable/11

Gen 2

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Pyromancer%27s%20Mask/Tradable/Craftable/29

The Gen 2 had initially been hype priced and then came down.

I believe Gen 3 would have stabilized except the Robo effects were also added just before Gen 3 came out.  In hind sight they should have released Gen 3 at the end of summer but then they would not have sold as many summer keys.

People overinvested in many of these hats and this has damaged the trade economy.

The only real way to measure growth in the trade economy is by watching the volume of keys in the game.  They have been rising and now are at 800,000 plus with much of that being this year.  It has doubled since October in fact.

Archived