To craft or not to craft. That is the question.

The Radiated Banana

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rather craft on hat updates or unbox

• Craft
    • Unbox

So yeah. New update. New hats. Low crafts. Would you want to try your luck and craft a low craft? I use to do it. Cant be bothered anymore.

Also, Unboxing or Crafting When update which is better

Crafting should be safer

But then the low crafts are reducing in price. Unboxing might be more safer and profitable :P

I just rebuild a bunch of hats and I've got nothing but crap.

My best was a Foppish Physician, but recrafted that as well, cause I thought it was a 1.33 ref item.

GG NO RE

Unless you have 9001 hats to waste, it's very unlikely you'll get a low craft numbered cosmetic.

You can increase your odds by crafting 4 refined with a class token instead, but that really brings up the cost to craft.

The only low craft numbers that seem worthwhile to go for are weapons since you only require a maximum of 4 scrap to craft one. And instead of your odds being (# of Potential Low Craft Cosmetic)/(# of Existing Craftable Cosmetics), your odds are 1/(# of craftable weapons in that class' slot), which 100% of the time are higher. However, your time window for crafting these low crafts is so short that you literally have to be online the update is released to get a chance of crafting them.

TL;DR

Low craft cosmetics are near impossible to craft because of such a small probability.

Low craft weapons are near impossible to craft because of such a small time window.

Archived