Killstreak Sheens and Stuff

TehDirtyDan

So I've been selling mostly Specialized Killstreak kits lately, and I'm a bit curious about how the sheen affects the price of the kit.

I thought that Team Shine was the "God Tier Effect" of Specialized and Professional Killstreaks, but even with a decent weapon (as in Tomislav, Direct Hit, Bazaar Bargain, etc.) I can't sell it. 

So 2 questions.

Is 2 keys too high of a price for these kits?

What is the best sheen in both your opinion, and in terms of general selling. 

Cheers. 

You can have the best sheen and killstreaker on a weapon, but if it's a trash weapon, it's not going to be worth as much as a shit tier sheen and killstreaker on a good weapon.

If I had to rate sheens in my opinion, they'd go : 

Team Shine 

Deadly Daffodil

Mean Green 

Agonizing Emerald 

Hot Rod 

Villainous Violet 

Manndarin 

Personally I feel like Mandarin is the best sheen, along with Deadly Daffodil. But this is coming from a guy that prefers gold paint to black and white. If I had to rank them based on what I've seen people like, it'd be something like TS and Daffodil, then Mean Green, Violet, and Hot Rod, and then Emerald and Mandarin.

I don't know why people love TS so much. I prefer sheens that stand out, and from what I've seen TS blends in on a lot of items.

That's odd, I would have ranked the Hot Rod and Violet the lowest of all. They're just so similar to the lighting reflection glitch that you can see in source engine maps (the "purple shimmer"), typically on chrome textures and water surfaces.

Personal ranking:

Deadly Daffodil

Team Shine (because 2 for the price of one)

Manndarin

Mean Green

Agonizing Emerald

Villainous Violet

Hot Rod 

Archived