Waiting with 1st gen effects

Frostnip

I recently got my hands on a Scorching AA and I'm tempted to upgrade it, but would I make more of a profit by just keeping it for a couple months? Every so often, I buy a bud through PP just to keep pure in my inventory.

I assume my hat would slowly rise in price, given the near impossibility to unbox a 1st gen effect.  My issue is that since it's a Polycount hat, it's not as sought after and there are three dupes currently on the market, which may effect the price. Not a lot of people seem to like AA's from what I understand, being non-paintable. I personally love it, and it's a big improvement from the Harvest Drills I had before. It took me ages to get out of the Summer/Robo/Halloween effect hole of indefinite prices. 

Screenie below, because I like showing my new stuff off. c:

post-4534-0-68715700-1396236170_thumb.jpg

I recently got my hands on a Scorching AA and I'm tempted to upgrade it, but would I make more of a profit by just keeping it for a couple months? Every so often, I buy a bud through PP just to keep pure in my inventory.

I assume my hat would slowly rise in price, given the near impossibility to unbox a 1st gen effect.  My issue is that since it's a Polycount hat, it's not as sought after and there are three dupes currently on the market, which may effect the price. Not a lot of people seem to like AA's from what I understand, being non-paintable. I personally love it, and it's a big improvement from the Harvest Drills I had before. It took me ages to get out of the Summer/Robo/Halloween effect hole of indefinite prices. 

Screenie below, because I like showing my new stuff off. c:

Not polycount.

I personally wouldn't keep it as an investment as you can make more by constantly flipping than you can by investing. But if you actually want to keep it to wear it, then do so as its unlikely to go down.

I thought it was a polycount. Am I thinking of the Jumper's Jeepcap?

Aside from that, I have an issue with flipping my hats for profit. I'm not really the best at doing such.

Aside from that, I have an issue with flipping my hats for profit. I'm not really the best at doing such.

Softcap is polycount. (softcap, milkman, attendant, snaggle)

practice makes perfect :P Just don't be too reliant on backpack.tf prices as they are just an estimate, plus they omit quite a lot of critical information. For example, backpack.tf lists an unusuals price, but has no mention as to how many are currently on the market, how frequent offers are, are the offers generally good, does it take months to sell, etc...

I tend not to go by this sites prices, as I only really use it as a range. People will pay for what they think a hat is worth, and a lot of people believe 1st gens are worth more, so I price it accordingly. A little higher than what some people are asking, but if someone wants a good, quality hat, they'll pay for it. 

I'm patient with selling a hat unless it's an effect I can't stand. That's why I tried so hard to get rid of my Aces KE. Traded that for a O.Fire BoA, then that for a Harvest Drill, then my Scorching AA. Trading is weird.

Whats a polycount

Softcap is polycount. (softcap, milkman, attendant, snaggle)

practice makes perfect :P Just don't be too reliant on backpack.tf prices as they are just an estimate, plus they omit quite a lot of critical information. For example, backpack.tf lists an unusuals price, but has no mention as to how many are currently on the market, how frequent offers are, are the offers generally good, does it take months to sell, etc...

It is polycount.

General's Informal.

It is polycount.

General's Informal.

Polycount hats are milkman, softcap, attendant, snuggle, and fez.

Archived