Key pricing suggestion

A Sneaky Mango

Key suggestions are borderline manipulation(cough long cough) so simple fix: Remove key pricing. Why? Because then, we can truly see community greed value, because there won't be people going like hurr durr price is at 4.33, better charge 5 refined. They will left stranded to figure out a fair price through discussion. 

http://i.imgur.com/l9d7r4i.png

http://puu.sh/2wg1W

o how flawed your logic is....

If Refined price was removed:

--Larger traders would charge whatever they want and say its the going rate, other traders would see this and ask for the same or more, and the price would jump. 

--Newer traders would be convinced that keys are garbage and sell them for 2~ Ref (AKA very low)

--Traders will start using the Spreadsheet for key prices, and they will slowly start to use it for everything else (for convenience , and backpack.tf will die, and back we go to price manipulation by 1 person. 

Also, please explain how its price manipulation? Tons of proof is provided and very little counter proof, and the listed price gets raised. 

Pulling quotes out of context....Because that always works so well (and isn't manipulating in and of itself or anything....)

o how flawed your logic is....

If Refined price was removed:

--Larger traders would charge whatever they want and say its the going rate, other traders would see this and ask for the same or more, and the price would jump. 

--Newer traders would be convinced that keys are garbage and sell them for 2~ Ref (AKA very low)

--Traders will start using the Spreadsheet for key prices, and they will slowly start to use it for everything else (for convenience , and backpack.tf will die, and back we go to price manipulation by 1 person. 

Also, please explain how its price manipulation? Tons of proof is provided and very little counter proof, and the listed price gets raised. 

Pulling quotes out of context....Because that always works so well (and isn't manipulating in and of itself or anything....)

A few things

1: I clearly stated "borderline manipulation"

2: Quotes pretty much ilustrate my point

3: Backpack prices are controlled by admins and whatnot, and guess what, same with spreadsheet.

4: Large traders are love selling above backpack anyways, but no backup=less buyers

5: Why on earth would new traders do that?

6: This "proof" is usually biased, even though most trades go on in current range.

7: It's called undercutting: Sell for marginally less=stupendous profits(Smart traders would avoid resellers)

Please actually read what I posted before attacking a suggestion like you just did

Dumb idea. 

3: Backpack prices are controlled by admins and whatnot, and guess what, same with spreadsheet. - Admins are basically the judges. Otherwise people would mass vote for dumb prices. And they do it publicly and you can see why items change. Unlike spreadsheet. 

4: Large traders are love selling above backpack anyways, - Not really true. Im a large seller and i wont be making bank if i tried to sell high. It all about selling low. 

6: This "proof" is usually biased, even though most trades go on in current range. - If you think its biased prove that the sellers shown arent selling. And show sellers at current range or lower. And most of the time a good amount amount of proof is buyer trades, how do you counter people offering to pay more? 

And how would new traders who had just spent $$ on keys know what keys can sell for. Its opening them up to being sharked. And besides keeping updated prices helps out the new traders more then old traders. 

Dumb idea. 

3: Backpack prices are controlled by admins and whatnot, and guess what, same with spreadsheet. - Admins are basically the judges. Otherwise people would mass vote for dumb prices. And they do it publicly and you can see why items change. Unlike spreadsheet. 

Yeah, and the "why" is sometimes -200+ votes

4: Large traders are love selling above backpack anyways, - Not really true. Im a large seller and i wont be making bank if i tried to sell high. It all about selling low. 

Classic method  I've seen used for profit: Buy low, sell "backpack" or higher

6: This "proof" is usually biased, even though most trades go on in current range. - If you think its biased prove that the sellers shown arent selling. And show sellers at current range or lower. And most of the time a good amount amount of proof is buyer trades, how do you counter people offering to pay more?

Have you seen some of people's proof they've provided? 

And how would new traders who had just spent $$ on keys know what keys can sell for. Its opening them up to being sharked. And besides keeping updated prices helps out the new traders more then old traders. 

Stupidity in this is as follows:

As key prices go up, so does the difficulty to get decent items. This give sharkers more motivation. Backpack and spreadsheet are unknown to many tf2ers.

My point is, the only reason keys are going up, is because of people seeing they're rising. Take out that, and whola, magic happens. And for spreadsheet, I'd rather see 1 person benefit, than the rich get richer and poor, poorer

A few things

1: I clearly stated "borderline manipulation"

2: Quotes pretty much ilustrate my point

3: Backpack prices are controlled by admins and whatnot, and guess what, same with spreadsheet.

4: Large traders are love selling above backpack anyways, but no backup=less buyers

5: Why on earth would new traders do that?

6: This "proof" is usually biased, even though most trades go on in current range.

7: It's called undercutting: Sell for marginally less=stupendous profits(Smart traders would avoid resellers)

Please actually read what I posted before attacking a suggestion like you just did

I didn't attack it, I proved why it's horribly flawed...

People like you claim bptf is manipulating the market, the proof is bad, etc... BUT you do nothing about it.... Why not find proof and suggest a lower price rather than just complaining.

I didn't attack it, I proved why it's horribly flawed...

People like you claim bptf is manipulating the market, the proof is bad, etc... BUT you do nothing about it.... Why not find proof and suggest a lower price rather than just complaining.

Someone did try lowering keys(We saw how that went). Also, this is simply a, let me highlight this for you,  suggestion to stop the jerkcircle that is key prices. 

Someone did try lowering keys(We saw how that went). Also, this is simply a, let me highlight this for you,  suggestion to stop the jerkcircle that is key prices. 

Let's see.... The suggestions failed because the proof sacked and their was plenty of counter proof. As for the circle jerk, it isn't that affected by bptf. At a point bptf didn't update key prices for over a week you people were still selling successfully for 2/3 scrap more.

This has been posted and explained before.

And anyways, if you think a suggestion was accepted without enough evidence, please post a new one with enough evidence that supports it.

We all know keys are rising, wether we update the prices or not. There are many other factors of why the keys are rising. Check the pinned thread on the tf2 economy section, read it, post what you think.

Archived