Following up on So This happened...

Rambro

What should I do?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do about my situation here?

• Keep it for myself
    • Give it back for some of his items
    • Give it back for 1.22 (The price I got it as)
    • Return it for free, and maybe some some help with services in the future
    • Return it for free, period

Help guys, Im stricken.

I know I got alot of hate on the last post and it made me reconsider. What should I do about it?

I feel really guilty, but this is a huge moment in my Tf2 career.

Please look for my last post if you have no idea what im talking about.

Only constructive comments, please. Im off to go read Huck Finn (School book) and Ill wesigh my options when I get back. Thanks

People's stupidity isn't your fault. If I were you I'd keep it probably because I'm a rude asshole. If I had a cranwell level of wealth maybe I'd view it different but since you're not that rich in tf2 just be an asshole and keep it. Tf2 is filled with assholes and if being an asshole can get you >40% of bp value increase by all means be an asshole. You can make a serious step to high-value trading and making yourself some nice money.

If you're a selfless nice person, return it.

My opinion coming from someone that lost a shit load of things: Getting it back will make their fucking year.

They fucked up, but someone's generosity will clean up the scum that is the steam community.

I will be giving him something from my BP if you do not simply because I dont play TF2 and I want to cheer someone up.

It is all your choice and the only real person that will hate you is that person. (And geel)

my psychic skills were good,thanks tho <.<

anyhow on topic. i'd give him shit in return,but hell i'm wealthy enough

when someone makes a trade on purpose i wouldn't do it.

but as he made it by accident,and seems to like the hat i'd at least have the decency to give something back 

Just give it back. You'll probably feel better in the future that you gave it back and wasn't a dick for keeping it. I recently made a trade and the guy accidentally gave me a 6 bud unusual (steaming gibus) on top of our deal. I gave it back without hesitation (even though he insisted I keep it). It's like dropping ur wallet, karma may come back to bite you. 16 keys is like less than $30 anyways. I gave back $200.

If he adds you and starts swearing at you, don't give it back though.

Just give it back. You'll probably feel better in the future that you gave it back and wasn't a dick for keeping it. I recently made a trade and the guy accidentally gave me a 6 bud unusual (steaming gibus) on top of our deal. I gave it back without hesitation (even though he insisted I keep it). It's like dropping ur wallet, karma may come back to bite you. 16 keys is like less than $30 anyways. I gave back $200.

If he adds you and starts swearing at you, don't give it back though.

compare your backpack to his

"owns 4 unusuals,3 buds and a few keys"

What does that have to do with anything?  

There's profit as in making a key or a few ref, then there's getting an item for 1% of its' worth.  There's a line here that was crossed.   My backpack has nothing to do with it.  

Backpack value doesn't fucking matter.

I went from close to $2,000 to $300, and if it wasn't for the generosity of someone who bought my hacked unusuals and gave them back for free I would be at close to $50. Their backpack is in the 10's of thousands. They have a fuckin gold pan.

You can be an awesome person whether you have thousands, or hundreds, or even tens of dollars.

I don't see your point.

I've stolen things when I was younger (even though I guess this guy technically didn't steal it, I stole a stapler), and I still regret it to this day. It comes down to who that person is. Personally, I can't live with the fact that I profited off somebody's unintentional mistakes, I would rather see them get it back and not have a bad day which in the end makes me happy.

Do it based on whether or not you can live with it after all this. If you can, then keep it. I'm also a believer in karma, so maybe that's why I would return it.

I don't see your point.

not getting 200$ when you got a 4k$

not getting 30$ when you got a 50$ backpack

anyhow,as i said, i'd give him the hat for items.. idk why i wrote the thing i did b4 lol 

Backpack value doesn't fucking matter.

I went from close to $2,000 to $300, and if it wasn't for the generosity of someone who bought my hacked unusuals and gave them back for free I would be at close to $50. Their backpack is in the 10's of thousands. They have a fuckin gold pan.

You can be an awesome person whether you have thousands, or hundreds, or even tens of dollars.

backpack value does impact your morale,obviously. if the guy had enough pure to barely buy your hats he wouldn't give them for free. maybe i'm wrong,maybe the guy isn't that rich but eh 

I would say keep it, unless he made a mistake and asks for it. Either way, how do you not see the purple lines around the hat anyway??????

I would say keep it, unless he made a mistake and asks for it. Either way, how do you not see the purple lines around the hat anyway??????

Hat  bots on scrap.tf dont recognize unusuals, and give them an unknown quality. In this case, a black background.

not getting 200$ when you got a 4k$

not getting 30$ when you got a 50$ backpack

anyhow,as i said, i'd give him something in return (not the hat itself) cuz he has to learn it somehow. (10 keys should suffice)

The steaming gibus I gave back, the user had a bp value of around $30,000 (much wealthier than me). He will learn regardless if he has to give stuff in return. 

His decision (or like everyone's decision in his situation) will come down to the type of person he is.

The steaming gibus I gave back, the user had a bp value of around $30,000. He will learn regardless if he has to give stuff in return. 

His decision (or like everyone's decision in his situation) will come down to the type of person he is.

we just seem to have our differences when it comes to teaching ppl. 

anyhow sure

Archived