Craft Weps vs Uncraft Weps

Santa Heavy

It's kind of an unspoken rule that regular weapons go for .05 unless they're new or somewhat odd.

But what about uncraft regular weps? I don't quite understand it all and hope someone could clarify for me why some uncraftable normal weapons are rising above their counterparts? Should craftable weapons raise too?

Uncrafts where recently removed form the store, so there demand and rarity increased.

Uncrafts where recently removed form the store, so there demand and rarity increased.

Not weapons

nORssNB.png

On topic: I think it depends on how often the item is for sale on outpost. If there's only one of a certain weapon for sale that more than one person wants, they can get into a bidding war and raise the price. That's my opinion.

Not weapons

nORssNB.png

On topic: I think it depends on how often the item is for sale on outpost. If there's only one of a certain weapon for sale that more than one person wants, they can get into a bidding war and raise the price. That's my opinion.

$9.99 such good value

That's dumb why on earth would a normal, craftable weapon suddlenly need to rise in price? There is a different market for craftable and uncraftable where uncraftable is dominated by collectors.

It says 23951 are not craftable which is quite a bit more than 18500. Anyways stats.tf is not completely accurate such as it stating that 43 uncraftable reindoonicorns exist even the uncraftable update happened months before then: http://stats.teamfortress.org/item/995/The_Reindoonicorn

It says 23951 are not craftable which is quite a bit more than 18500. Anyways stats.tf is not completely accurate such as it stating that 43 uncraftable reindoonicorns exist even the uncraftable update happened months before then: http://stats.teamfortress.org/item/995/The_Reindoonicorn

I went with the 18661  "purchased" ones, 4956 are "test run", and then that leaves some gotten through the old store promotion. As for the reindoonicorns, they are probably all owned by Valve employees (they receive unwrappable/untradable/uncraftable versions of new items)

That's dumb why on earth would a normal, craftable weapon suddlenly need to rise in price? There is a different market for craftable and uncraftable where uncraftable is dominated by collectors.

Are collectors truly valid however? Do they reflect the entire market?

So uncraftables are a niche market?

Who's gonna pay a scrap+ for a unique weapon? A normal player who doesn't care, or a collector that gets a tingling feeling on the inside from seeing that uncraftable text on their items?

Who's gonna pay a scrap+ for a unique weapon? A normal player who doesn't care, or a collector that gets a tingling feeling on the inside from seeing that uncraftable text on their items?

If they get a tingle from that they may need to go outside and reevaluate their life. xD

If they get a tingle from that they may need to go outside and reevaluate their life. xD

Now I feel offended :angry:(not really, just kidding)

Anyway, the Phlogistinator is not only bought in the Store by itself, but it is also part of a pack / bundle that gets bought. Collectors rarely buy them in the store themselves, not only because of the relatively steep price for single weapons (/most store items), but also because it would take all the fun out of the collecting.

Although it may seem there should be enough in existence that the market should be flooded with them, that is not the case with many of them. People either don't bother putting it on the market or they want to keep them - after all they once paid a fortune for them.

I already made a post about why the price of some uncraftable weapons is higher than the craftable version here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/306-regarding-uncraftable-weapons/?p=2840

[brag] Feel free to to have a look at my backpack and be jealous of my complete collection of all 134 uncraftable weapons, collected from the original owner. [/brag] ^_^

Now I feel offended :angry:(not really, just kidding)

Anyway, the Phlogistinator is not only bought in the Store by itself, but it is also part of a pack / bundle that gets bought. Collectors rarely buy them in the store themselves, not only because of the relatively steep price for single weapons (/most store items), but also because it would take all the fun out of the collecting.

Although it may seem there should be enough in existence that the market should be flooded with them, that is not the case with many of them. People either don't bother putting it on the market or they want to keep them - after all they once paid a fortune for them.

I already made a post about why the price of some uncraftable weapons is higher than the craftable version here:

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/306-regarding-uncraftable-weapons/?p=2840

[brag] Feel free to to have a look at my backpack and be jealous of my complete collection of all 134 uncraftable weapons, collected from the original owner. [/brag] ^_^

omg so hawt now I need ur # so we can go 2 diner nomnimmsdnagagafgfsag

Archived