Suggestion Uptime Minimum

imFree

I understand that some suggestions are more clearer and easier to accept/decline but wouldn't it make sense to have a minimum uptime before it can be accepted or declined so that people can come forward with proof and that they can leave their vote on the suggestion?

No. A suggestion is opened long enough before it gets accepted, and if its a troll/noob/whatever proofless suggestion, why should it be opened longer then until someone sees it who can close it?.

No. A suggestion is opened long enough before it gets accepted, and if its a troll/noob/whatever proofless suggestion, why should it be opened longer then until someone sees it who can close it?.

People , that deal with the item at question could provide proof that might sway the suggestion into a different suggestion.

I'm not talking about troll suggestion , i'm talking about proper suggestions about commonly traded items that are high in demand.

12 or maybe even 24 horus isn't that long of a timespan, backpack.tf are driven by the community so i dont see the point in accepting some suggestions without the majority of the community even seeing the suggestion.

As far as I know, all mods let regular items go up for at least 6 hours which is usually enough to get 200+ votes

Unusuals suggestions stay up for at least 8 hours (unless it is a re-suggestion in which case it might be accepted in 6-8 hours). 

Some mods prefer to keep some suggestions up for longer than that. These are just the respective minimum time frames that I know of.

Obviously, any unclear suggestion is always left up for a day+ and usually up for 2-3 days.

Archived