Why was this closed?

gimmechocolate

If the lower range is the lowest price anyone can get one for within a reasonable amount of time, and the upper range is the highest anyone can sell for within a reasonable amount of time, then why was this suggestion, with indisputable proof that anyone can get one for 4 keys (in metal at current price), and that left the outpost part of the range intact denied? Should we really discredit any trading site that is selling outside of outpost range, even if they are not just getting business, but are actually overstocked? A good spreadsheet needs to take into account the whole market, not just tf2outpost.

vote/id/5127fb4f4bd7b8e02a000002

Edit: Paste the half-url after backpack.tf/ to see the page. Idk why but it is glitching out.

Edit2: or just follow the other guys link.

Edit3: Oh, and if â™” Baloo â™” is reading this then you should not try to pass outpost off as some god either, or yourself for that matter, I mean I think that was the most arrogant post I have ever seen, and I have seen a good ammount of the internet. 

I showed plenty of buyers paying more than your suggested low-end. tf2wh.com is not a non-profit organization. They do not buy and sell refined or keys and the same credit that they buy them for. To say that you could easily buy them for 4 keys is an inaccurate statement. I did not use outpost as a some god because I provided multiple people buying for higher than your suggested low-end which makes your suggestion inaccurate. You used one source that does not use a consistent price and can therefore not stand alone as a proof for your suggestion.

I hope that answers your question, but it most likely didn't because you are too stuck in your roots to accept that your suggestion was wrong and that is why it was not accepted.

You referenced Baloo's post, but ignored all the counterproof it contained.

his post was that on outpost, they sell for 5-6 keys. my point was that it also sells for 4 keys easy on warehouse, hence the range: 4-6 keys. if my suggestion had been 4 keys flat, then that would disprove me on the spot, but It wasn't.

I showed plenty of buyers paying more than your suggested low-end. tf2wh.com is not a non-profit organization. They do not buy and sell refined or keys and the same credit that they buy them for. To say that you could easily buy them for 4 keys is an inaccurate statement. I did not use outpost as a some god because I provided multiple people buying for higher than your suggested low-end which makes your suggestion inaccurate. You used one source that does not use a consistent price and can therefore not stand alone as a proof for your suggestion.

I hope that answers your question, but it most likely didn't because you are too stuck in your roots to accept that your suggestion was wrong and that is why it was not accepted.

This one is long, so to make sure I cover it all, I will break it up.

"I showed plenty of buyers paying more than your suggested low-end."

For one, 5 keys is in the range. Also, just because people are willing to buy weapons at a scrap, doesn't mean that that should be the definite low range, especially if an external website (scrap.tf in this case, tf2wh.com in mine) is willing to sell below that range.

"tf2wh.com is not a non-profit organization. They do not buy and sell refined or keys and the same credit that they buy them for."

​This is irrelevant, allthough the fact that they make a profit isn't great, you are still turning 4 keys in metal into a SFAxe 

"To say that you could easily buy them for 4 keys is an inaccurate statement."

They are at 100% stock almost all the time, all you have to do is get the credits. Waiting for the %overstock of ref to lower below 100 isn't really much harder that bumping and checking your outpost trades.

" I did not use outpost as a some god because I provided multiple people buying for higher than your suggested low-end which makes your suggestion inaccurate."

yes, and Many people have sold for 4 keys too. When they get sold commonly at 4-6 keys, then that should be the list price.

"You used one source hat does not use a consistent price and can therefore not stand alone as a proof for your suggestion."

you showed ~20 sales in your price range, tf2wh.com shows that many more than 20 have sold at 4 keys. You only used one website, and so did I. The only difference is that you did not include the tf2wh.com price in your range, where I included both the tf2wh.com price and the tf2outpost.com price in my range.

"I hope that answers your question, but it most likely didn't because you are too stuck in your roots to accept that your suggestion was wrong and that is why it was not accepted."

Maybe some day you will learn that you are not always right, maybe you will still be too arrogant, only time will tell. 

Maybe some day you will learn that you are not always right, maybe you will still be too arrogant, only time will tell. 

I hope you realize that about yourself soon, but as you said, only time will tell.

Here's the thing. Your main proof of it selling for 4 keys is that warehouse has tons of it unsold. However, if you sell keys to warehouse, you get 12,600 credits per key. S.f.axt is 69,935 credits, so it would take 5.55 keys in order to buy one. If you sell refined metal, you get 4400 per ref, and it will take 15.89 ref = 4.34 keys @ 3.66 per key. However, refined metal is almost always overstocked. You have to be pretty lucky to find it under 100% stock rate and sell 16 ref just to get enough credits...

Baloo also showed buyers on outpost for 5 keys, which means that anyone looking to sell their s.f.axt can get 5 keys for it relatively easily. Thus, based on the near intangibility of selling metal to warehouse and the ease to sell for 5 keys, the low price in your suggested range was too low and thus the suggestion was closed.

I hope you realize that about yourself soon, but as you said, only time will tell.

I may not have admitted that I was wrong, but at least I didn't imply that I was always right. People are entitled to have and defend an opinion, but when they start thinking their opinion is fact is when the cross the border into being arrogant.

Here's the thing. Your main proof of it selling for 4 keys is that warehouse has tons of it unsold. However, if you sell keys to warehouse, you get 12,600 credits per key. S.f.axt is 69,935 credits, so it would take 5.55 keys in order to buy one. If you sell refined metal, you get 4400 per ref, and it will take 15.89 ref = 4.34 keys @ 3.66 per key. However, refined metal is almost always overstocked. You have to be pretty lucky to find it under 100% stock rate and sell 16 ref just to get enough credits...

Baloo also showed buyers on outpost for 5 keys, which means that anyone looking to sell their s.f.axt can get 5 keys for it relatively easily. Thus, based on the near intangibility of selling metal to warehouse and the ease to sell for 5 keys, the low price in your suggested range was too low and thus the suggestion was closed.

Actually the SFAxe is 65,935 credits which translates to 15 ref. if you sell keys at 3.66 then you get ~4.1 keys, if you sell at 3.77 you get almost exactly 4 keys. Also, selling metal to warehouse seems much harder than it actually is. All you have to do is check every few hours until it drops to around 110% then keep a close eye on it until it passes 100%. Once it hits 100% you have about a 10 minute window to sell as much metal as you want before it refreshes. I have been able to get metal in around 2 time, and both times I got it in around 2-3 days, which is about the time it takes to sell at the high or buy at the low end price when using outpost.

Also, thanks for providing a polite and arrogance-free response to this subject.

Also, I would like to add that the whole reason this suggestion is iffy is that if you look at one source, tf2wh.com, then you get a flat 4 keys. if you look at tf2outpost.com, then you get 5-6 keys. In my opinion, since the tf2wh price of 4 keys is clearly not wrong, as people are going for it, and the same goes for the outpost price of 5-6 keys, then the only logical thing to do is make the price 4-6 keys.

Except I only looked at buyers trades on TF2 outpost. I didn't even bother taking the time to see what sellers were being offered.

yes, 6 keys is quite easy to find though, also there seem to be few recent offers of above 5 keys, though I didn't look that well.

Since there is a new suggestion that is lowering the price and since you have received multiple explanations why your suggestion was closed, I'm going to lock this topic.

Refrain from personal attacks and insults in your future posts--editing them in later doesn't excuse them.

Archived