High ping in TF2

DiamondHavoc.

This morning I was playing TF2 all fine but later on I decided to do Mann Up. On EVERY server I join the ping is incredibly high and stopping me from having fun playing MvM.

Anyone know any ways to fix?

I have tried:

-Turning router on and off

- Restarting Steam

- Restarting Laptop

It has been raining here alot today but that doesn't normally affect it.

I was playing regular TF2 today, and my ping went so high even though I was playing servers near me. Everything just started to lag right when the weapons were firing. I threw my mouse hard at the wall because I lost. GG!

I was playing regular TF2 today, and my ping went so high even though I was playing servers near me. Everything just started to lag right when the weapons were firing. I threw my mouse hard at the wall because I lost. GG!

Is it me or is the same thing happening to me except in CSS, the lag won't fucking stop. I was about to fucking throw my screen across the room.

So I'm not the only one. At least I joined a Mann Up Mission with one wave left xD

yeah, happen sometimes. Actually reconnecting helps.

Can't reconnect. Ad-hoc connections not allowed.

Also pingtest results:

Ping 1166ms

Jitter 346 ms

Also pingtest results:

Ping 1166ms

Jitter 346 ms

That's not normal unless you live on the moon lel

Try reset your router, if that doesn't help contact your isp.

• 1 month later...

This morning I was playing TF2 all fine but later on I decided to do Mann Up. On EVERY server I join the ping is incredibly high and stopping me from having fun playing MvM.

Anyone know any ways to fix?

I have tried:

-Turning router on and off

- Restarting Steam

- Restarting Laptop

It has been raining here alot today but that doesn't normally affect it.

Reasons for getting high ping value.

1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.

2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.

3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Use any software like Game Booster

5.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

It can be that a bother/sister/parent of yours (or can be a close friend of yours, too) is downloading something from their PC, if they're using your same connection.

But even then, i'm kinda having the same problem as you guys, even when no one of my family is downloading anything/have their PC turned off.

Maybe something's in the works at Valve.

Archived