900+ Keys in Stock at TF2WH.com, sign of key prices going down?

Shy Ronnie FYPM Vintage

I don't use tf2wh so I might be completely wrong here. But I believe they don't accept refined for credits anymore? So there's more people wanting to buy a key, put it in, and get out a variety of items they want than there are people willing- or even able, depending on overstock- to put in a massive hodge podge of items to only get out a single key.

Feel free to count the above down as fully uninformed speculation here. Working off random bits of hearsay.

Apparently I'm a bit behind on the curve as well.  They do accept refined, but they have always been overstocked because, surprise no one wants it.  Refined used to give you 4500 credits but it looks like they have lowered that value to 3275.  So instead of being 3 ref like I thought, they are actually 4.22 refined each.  It actually looks like they aren't overstocked in metal atm either!  Basically they have just made it more desirable to sell keys for credits, which is probably the reason for the inventory increase.

Someone found a ridiculously low expensive item. Fastest way for credits? Keys.

Is that a fact, or just speculation?

Anyway, since you only have to pay about $0.70 - $0.80 for a Key, they should be gone soon...

edit: that is actually not true, as the exchange rate for Ƀ reported is way off for some reason. It is about $1.44 per Key when buying and $1.38 when selling, which would explain why there are so many Keys in Stock.

I do use tf2wh, & the easiest way to get credits in is to cash in keys. They are currently constantly updating the key credit value as key prices continues to rise.

Before key prices start rising

Ref & keys are always overstock due to the limited items you can sell to the tf2wh. Ref & keys are the fastest moving items you can sell as they have more window period for you to sell when it goes under the stock limit.

When key prices start to rise

It used to be credit of 11000 credit to buy a key & 4400 credit to sell a refine, most tf2wh users will wait for a small window period to sell all the ref they can & buy keys to make a quick & easy profit. However at that time keys were so limited, so it resulted in crazy overload of ref & low supply of keys.

Currently

Tf2wh has been constantly increasing their value of keys, from 11000 to 13000 to 13500 to 13750 to 14000 (current), & the value of ref has dropped. Thus, keys are not under valued & users can get more credit when cashing in keys. tf2wh has also drop their stock limit for almost all items & cashing in a key would be the best solution as it is worth a good amount of credit & it is below the stock limits.

Conclusion, key value are not going down due to high amount of stock in tf2wh, it is just valued more than what it used to be & tf2wh most painful experience is to find something which is below the stock limit to sell to get credit, making keys the most suitable candidate to get credits.

Archived