Banned on outpost, taking a short break from trading.

grimdercell

As some of you might have already noticed, I was banned on Outpost today. Just a small briefing on what went wrong, I was added by an outpost mod yesterday, and he asked me a few questions regarding an unusual that I've bought. After questioning me, I was banned by an admin for apparently trading with a scammer and lying to staff.

I'm only going to disclose this much details just to inform anyone who's interested about what happened to me. My main purpose of writing this thread is to let you guys know that I will be taking a slight break from trading to focus on my mock exams as well as my final exams which are coming up real soon, and will be back when my appeal has reach its final judgement.

I want to thank you all for making my stay at backpack.tf forums an enjoyable one, and nothing beats taking a peek at the status updates once in awhile to see if there's anything interesting to read for the day :P

To the mods (especially bucket, woifi and polar bear), thank you so much for helping me out with suggestions as well as giving opinions on certain unusual trades. I really appreciate it a lot. To mr. bucket, I apologize for not replying your message today, my school had a fire drill at that time.

To everyone else (I couldn't name all of you, but I would if I have the time), thank you for making this community an awesome one. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone I've offended indirectly or unknowingly.

I will still be lurking around the forums, but not so often for these 2 months :)

I know how it is being banned on outpost, it sucks. 

I also took a break back then, and i think its good for you as finals are important;)

But after your finals (if you still arent unbanned then), i'd go to bazaar.tf, it actually has a better interface, but a smaller community.

Just my opinion, have a nice day:)

Christley 2.0

I highly doubt you did this on purpose, why would you? Good luck with your appeal, exams and I always thought your picture was kinda hot

tl;dr - but figured they'd ban you went you posted in the status thingy.

RIP, another good guy getting banned on tf2op.

GL!

Have fun in life! Your neat price suggestions will be missed!

What is this life you speak of, where can I download this?

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - As grim mentions, this is a post about him and not outpost rules. Please stay on topic
Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - As grim mentions, this is a post about him and not outpost rules. Please stay on topic

Is it me, or has Outpost now resorted to entrapment to further ruin their reputation?

So... if you get banned on tf2op, and marked on SR, will you get steam trade ban?

no

both outpost and steamrep is independent OF* Steam

*thanks to the fudger pyrocide who decided to be a grammar nazi

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - No reason given

no

both outpost and steamrep is independent by steam

independent OF steam.

independent OF steam.

You forgot to capitalize Steam.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - This is a thread about grim, not about outpost.
Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - This is a thread about grim, not about outpost.

They need better mods

And site

And everything

Rich snobs

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - Please back up such comments with proof
Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - Please back up such comments with proof

You weren't lying to the staff, they just needed a bullshit reason to ban you.

no

both outpost and steamrep is independent OF* Steam

*thanks to the fudger pyrocide who decided to be a grammar nazi

Just doing my part in ending the worldwide epidemic of illiteracy, one word at a time.

Did my post get deleted? lol

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - This is a thread about grim, not about outpost. We don't even have any information.
Hidden by polar, March 19, 2014 - This is a thread about grim, not about outpost. We don't even have any information.

The tyranny of outpost claims yet another victim.

So... if you get banned on tf2op, and marked on SR, will you get steam trade ban?

No. Steam doesn't trade ban people for simply being marked.

Grim is only banned on Outpost, and likely won't be marked on SteamRep unless it was a high tier trade and/or has done several trades with a marked scammer. He is just using the ban from Outpost as a reason to take a break and do things he should be doing instead of trading.

All regards to Outpost website, but I was banned too by some dumb mods for other crappy reasons (insulting lowballers if you want to know -probably not-)

I can easily understand this suck, Bazaar is better and blah blah blah, but I'm sure we are tons of banned traders, some honest ones, who just got a single "gtfo" from Outpost and a perma ban. I have some difficulties to sell my unusuals with that ban, I sympathize.

Also, sorry for my shitty english (again), I have no idea why I post here.

really

Archived