What Happened to the Holiday Headcase?

Mr Pancake1225

The demand for it is.... ogre..

Was there ever really a huge demand for it in the first place? I can't recall it even when it was at 5.5 having many people grabbing at it at once. Anyone who would've considered getting one was scared off by the community berating it and castrating its price. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugly as hell, but still rare. Would this hat fall into a similar category? What differentiates the two hats? 

Probably just the fact that the HOUWAR is just far more popular than the Holiday Headcase. The HOUWAR is also used as currency for large trades as well, so the Headcase lacks that. 

Probably just the fact that the HOUWAR is just far more popular than the Holiday Headcase. The HOUWAR is also used as currency for large trades as well, so the Headcase lacks that. 

There was a point where the headcase was used as currency back when it was 5.5.

So a half of a cartoon rabbit's head is not?

I had max, it's awesome due to you can equip with every hat. Take a look in my screenies if you want

Was there ever really a huge demand for it in the first place? I can't recall it even when it was at 5.5 having many people grabbing at it at once. Anyone who would've considered getting one was scared off by the community berating it and castrating its price. 

When it first came out, people jizzed over it and it generally went for 6-7 buds.

What happens happens, I guess. I like it, but that doesn't mean everyone else does. Hardly anyone likes it, lol. 

I own a HOUWAR that I bought with my hard-traded items to keep and cherish forever, but even I can admit that it's ugly as hell. But that's exactly why I love it. 

I like the look of the HOUWAR over the Holiday Headcase though :c. But then again, I just like most hats not obtainable by drop system, crafting, etc. (Bounty Hat, HOUWAR, etc.) or hats that are not tradeable, but have a special place in my heart (Heart of Gold (no pun intended), Lo-Fi Longwave, Cheater's Lament, etc.)

People don't like the Headcase because:

1. It covers up a lot of equip regions (I don't think you can even wear Beards with it, yeah...)

2. After the Update, Max Head >>>>>> Headcase as an all Class Promo

3. It's considered too seasonal: why would you be wearing one in Summer? You'd look silly.

Ugly as hell, but still rare. Would this hat fall into a similar category? What differentiates the two hats? 

i suppose HOWAR is rarer and harder to get?

Pancake why do you care if people hate it. Jesus christ, it's an ugly hat.

Holiday Headcase >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gibus

Honestly, I dont know what to make of this...

Oh. I meant your responses.

The fact that people keep telling you that it is ugly ACTUALLY HAS A PURPOSE. If people are not willing to pay the money for an item, it goes down in price. Sure, you can you the "rare" card, but even in the REAL world, valuable or rare items really mean nothing if no one wants to pay that high a price.

But I will not use the "ugly" card then and still prove why it went down. While demand and notoriety can be high for this item, either the demand was so low that people wanted to drop it, or people want it so bad they just upvote everytime they see it. And don't deny that doesnt happen.

Overall, there is nothing a single person can do. The price has dropped and it is now worth a little over a bud. What really ticked me off was that people gave their opinion that it wass ugly and you couldn't accept that opinion. If a lot of the people her say it is ugly, then they may very well be right. And the proof is in the price drop.

Demand > Rares

How exactly does it "suck"?

Its ugly.

"Ugly, ugly, ugly." That's all I ever hear about this hat. Is the hat easily noticed? I would say so.

Its not about if its noticed, you should know that after visiting a trading site mor ethen once. Quantity and demand. Ugly Hat=>Everybody wants to sell it =>Low Demand, High supply

Houwar is actually rare, its ugly but rare. Everybody knows that & wants it =>Low supply (Traders want to keep it, maybe forever) high demand =>High price

I know you don't want to hear this, but it's just ugly,

Yes, that's an opinion, but popular opinions drive the market. I personally think the Crome's is an ugly all-class, but I can't argue against the fact that people value it sometimes more than other hats I personally like better, like the Bomber or Brotherhood. (KE>everything though) You can't control what other people think.

For the same reason why there are never any new promos. Its hard to establish an item as a currency once the economy is in full swing. 

"Ugly, ugly, ugly." That's all I ever hear about this hat. Is the hat easily noticed? I would say so.

Personally I think it's okay, not ugly but not as sexy as the tree or BMOC.

Archived