Toilet Bowl

Well in the classifieds for the ham shank, there is a guy posting for 0.99 ref, which is basically 1 ref. That isn't allowed, right?

Thanks!

post-7338-0-70021300-1395159258_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of new to the trading scene. But what is wrong with .99? I would to know so I can avoid it in the future.

I'm kind of new to the trading scene. But what is wrong with .99? I would to know so I can avoid it in the future.

To put it simply, there's no difference between .99 refined and 1 refined because a refined is made of 9 scrap, so technically its .999999999999 repeating indefinitely which is the same as 1 refined. Its sleazy to ask .99 refined because you know the person is going to give you a whole refined which is also known as 1 refined. People doing that are not being smart and business savvy by doing it, people that do that are being asshats.

In metal, it's 9 scraps to a ref. So since 1 scrap is usually written as 0.11, 9 scraps could technically be 0.99, which is the same as 1 ref. But here because 0.99 is used to push his listing ahead because 0.99<1 so the classifieds push his listing ahead.

In reality a scrap is technically 0.111..... ref and 9 scraps would be 0.999....... ref, and the big mathematical debate of is 0.9999...=1 applies.

• Administrators

No, it's fixed, try it yourself.

The reason this ad exists is the same reason all old listings exists which is because the new classifieds price system is backwards compatible.

Archived