Steam level up

bbreeze

is there anyway to level up your steam profile for really cheap, most website i find usually have a price of 1 key for 1 steam level up. Is there any cheaper options out there? 

Keep in mind that it gets more expensive the higher level you get, so at some point it will probably not be worth it to level up for friend slots/etc anymore.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Heidecker said:

Keep in mind that it gets more expensive the higher level you get, so at some point it will probably not be worth it to level up for friend slots/etc anymore.

Especially for trading purposes, I feel like having alts will be way more cost effective once you reach 1100+ friends list, but for me personally its never gotten to that point, at my prime I only kind of briefly touched that level of trading, now my friends list is stable. Nowadays I just level up new badges of new games I get from time to time and at the level I am, I don't really bother to excessively level up anymore, I'd say I'm at my peak. Other than that, 1 key for 1 level sounds amazing from where I come from.

1 hour ago, bbreeze said:

is there anyway to level up your steam profile for really cheap, most website i find usually have a price of 1 key for 1 steam level up. Is there any cheaper options out there? 

Also your steam profile clean af

There's always making stupid discussions, comments, guides and artwork too!!

its not gonna be as cheep as you think cus your level 70

as some people have said it gets more expensive the higher you go, honestly i wouldn't go above 100, if your at 100 and you need more friend slots then just remove people you don't talk to and or

trading bots

the only reason to go past 100 is if you just want to flex

3 hours ago, Heidecker said:

Friend slots cap at 2000 ^^

• Astonished 1

5 hours ago, bbreeze said:

Is there any cheaper options out there? 

Wait for a steam event that has steam cards, you get them from crafting badges as well as spending money so if you were to craft 100 badges, you would probably end up with another 10 - 20 extra event badges to craft. 

This method can save a ton of money as well as steam cards are normally cheaper during this time due to people buying new games and in such a ton new cards come to existence.

Unless you really wanna spend the money now for something specific its always better to just wait.

Im also going to be looking for this sometime this year. Gonna be going from 100 to 222.

not sure how much it’s gonna cost. Iirc it was like a few hundred dollars of keys

10 hours ago, Heidecker said:

Current bot rates are also much worse than they used to be, you used to be able to get 24-26 sets per key if your level was low enough.

13 hours ago, Sir Spoon The Second said:

its not gonna be as cheep as you think cus your level 70

as some people have said it gets more expensive the higher you go, honestly i wouldn't go above 100, if your at 100 and you need more friend slots then just remove people you don't talk to and or

trading bots

the only reason to go past 100 is if you just want to flex

yea ngl i have run out of friends slots so i might unadd some bots and then lvl up to 100 but after that i'll just start unadding ppl i don't talk to anymore, honestly should of probs leveled up my steam level to 100 when i was still on level 20 cuz it would of been cheaper, i recently checked on my alt thats on lvl 2 and it'd only cost 69 (funny number btw) to lvl up to 100 

15 hours ago, Heidecker said:

yea ngl i'll probs lvl up to 100 which has a friend slot of 750 and just stop there 

1 hour ago, bbreeze said:

yea ngl i'll probs lvl up to 100 which has a friend slot of 750 and just stop there 

Bro just lvl up to 77 for now, since you have 7 years of service badge it would look really cool. 

Resident level 600 here.

Use the Steam.Supply calculator for purchasing cards. All other sites offer prices that are 1.5x-3x the price of simply buying the cards yourself with keys.

Link: https://steam.supply/LevelCalculator

For example (I do NOT recommend this site):

5 hours ago, L3ORIC said:

For me to level up from 600 to 630, the site L3ORIC suggested charges 494 keys (3.7 sets to 1 key).

To level up from 600 to 630 using the bots suggested by Steam.Supply, the cost is only 289 keys (average of 6.37 sets to 1 key).

When comparing from levels 1 to 100, the price difference is smaller, but still present: Steam.Supply is about 8.5 sets to 1 key, and the site L3ORIC suggested is about 7.6 sets to 1 key.

Craft your badges after every trade. Card bots determine which card sets to give you by querying the Steam API for your completed badges and their levels (1-5 for normal cards).

If you do not craft the badges using the sets you receive every trade, you run the risk of purchasing duplicate card sets which you will not be able to craft.

You can use browser extensions to automate badge crafting. The following extension is open-source and available on both Firefox and Chrome:

https://github.com/TCNOco/TcNo-Steam-Card-Assistant

There are plenty of other badge crafting extensions available. You can also use Tampermonkey scripts, whatever you prefer and feel safe using.

As a matter of security (and perhaps a bit of paranoia), I always uninstall Steam-related extensions after use.

You can use steam points to purchase badges. The Seasonal Badges in the Steam Points Shop will give you 100 XP per level.

https://store.steampowered.com/points/shop/c/steambadge

You can use badges to theme your profile. The last 4 badges you craft will be displayed on your Steam profile, and you can incorporate these into your overall theme.

If you are close to your Years of Service badge upgrade for this year, I suggest waiting until after it is awarded to maximize the time you can display your themed badges.

The following guide has a color/theme organized list of badges you can display and is regularly updated:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158154188

To find the badges for purchase, search for their associated games on Steam Card Exchange.

https://www.steamcardexchange.net/

You may not be able to access your trade history. Because leveling up takes exponentially more sets, some trades become fairly large and will break Steam inventory/trade history.

If there is anything you need to save from your trade history for pricing, I'd recommend retrieving it now as it can be pretty annoying to find it later if you trade for enough cards that the result generated by Steam querying your trade history is too large to be reliably displayed.

Feel free to ask questions!

3 hours ago, jrdn said:

Resident level 600 here.

Use the Steam.Supply calculator for purchasing cards. All other sites offer prices that are 1.5x-3x the price of simply buying the cards yourself with keys.

Link: https://steam.supply/LevelCalculator

For example (I do NOT recommend this site):

For me to level up from 600 to 630, the site L3ORIC suggested charges 494 keys (3.7 sets to 1 key).

To level up from 600 to 630 using the bots suggested by Steam.Supply, the cost is only 289 keys (average of 6.37 sets to 1 key).

When comparing from levels 1 to 100, the price difference is smaller, but still present: Steam.Supply is about 8.5 sets to 1 key, and the site L3ORIC suggested is about 7.6 sets to 1 key.

Craft your badges after every trade. Card bots determine which card sets to give you by querying the Steam API for your completed badges and their levels (1-5 for normal cards).

If you do not craft the badges using the sets you receive every trade, you run the risk of purchasing duplicate card sets which you will not be able to craft.

You can use browser extensions to automate badge crafting. The following extension is open-source and available on both Firefox and Chrome:

https://github.com/TCNOco/TcNo-Steam-Card-Assistant

There are plenty of other badge crafting extensions available. You can also use Tampermonkey scripts, whatever you prefer and feel safe using.

As a matter of security (and perhaps a bit of paranoia), I always uninstall Steam-related extensions after use.

You can use steam points to purchase badges. The Seasonal Badges in the Steam Points Shop will give you 100 XP per level.

https://store.steampowered.com/points/shop/c/steambadge

You can use badges to theme your profile. The last 4 badges you craft will be displayed on your Steam profile, and you can incorporate these into your overall theme.

If you are close to your Years of Service badge upgrade for this year, I suggest waiting until after it is awarded to maximize the time you can display your themed badges.

The following guide has a color/theme organized list of badges you can display and is regularly updated:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158154188

To find the badges for purchase, search for their associated games on Steam Card Exchange.

https://www.steamcardexchange.net/

You may not be able to access your trade history. Because leveling up takes exponentially more sets, some trades become fairly large and will break Steam inventory/trade history.

If there is anything you need to save from your trade history for pricing, I'd recommend retrieving it now as it can be pretty annoying to find it later if you trade for enough cards that the result generated by Steam querying your trade history is too large to be reliably displayed.

Feel free to ask questions!

holy shit thx so much this stuff will help me so much! i never really thought about adding badges to theme my profile but it will for sure be looking very good :) thx again! 

8 hours ago, NightStar said:

Bro just lvl up to 77 for now, since you have 7 years of service badge it would look really cool. 

ehh i might, honestly i'm looking to level up my steam level cuz i ran out of friend slots 

The key to cheap level up is to have been around during the first(?) summer event after they added steam points and had an infinite points -> xp sink. image.png.bcaadbff1fb65dabdd5757552df2b46e.png