[Price Check] Sunbeams Prussian Pickelhaube with Rotten Orange Footprints

Xenos

I don't know the first or last thing about spelled item trading, so I'll ask for some input here. I got this back in 2019 for about $70. To my research, it's the only one of its kind, with no other Vivid Plasma Pickelhaube with ANY spell on it that I can find, though I don't know if people really care about that when it comes to spells. The normal hat price is pretty outdated just by itself.

rsz_1screenshot_247.png

My guess is around probably 70 - 100 keys if you can sell it to a spell-collector

Other than that it's probably worth 40 - 60 if you're just looking for its current price

sunbeams would be a different story

searing plasma got priced at 40 8 months ago

vivid sellers at 48

probably with the spell, 100 keys to the right buyer. 

Thanks! Out of curiosity, how the heck does spell price work? Or is it like war paints where its a hodgepodge of personal opinion, the right buyer, and community input?

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Thanks! Out of curiosity, how the heck does spell price work? Or is it like war paints where its a hodgepodge of personal opinion, the right buyer, and community input?

Yeah kinda like warpaints in that regard
If spell is on a multiclass cosmetic vs single class cosmetic, it increases value dramatically

If spell is on a misc instead of a hat, it increases value dramatically

If spell is on an unusual and it matches well with the effect (or to lesser extent the hat itself), it increases value dramatically

How much is something that's far too case-by-case and ever-inflating to put hard numbers against

9 hours ago, Xenos said:

Hey! I do quite a bit of work with spells, generally the way I go about pricing spells is based on a combination of multiple factors. Firstly buy and sell orders, not just for the item itself but also for comparable items. Then I use knowledge acquired from past trades, and I skew this  based on how  many of an item exist, the apparent supply/demand, how frequently the item (or comparable  items are traded), etc. 

Also, regarding the hat, I think 100 keys is quite optimistic, while I don't think it is bad to list at 100 I'm not sure you're going to get quite that much.

Have you looked at listings for other unusuals with rotten? Or listings for other vivid/searing hats with prints in general? I think looking at that info might help a bit.

Here, this should help:
Rotten Unusuals

Plasma with prints