Valve's New Game: DeadLock

RussellSproutz

Credit to T-Virus for informing me about this.

I hear Valve has a new game by the name DeadLock. I was wondering if anyone got any more information about it.

Lol Valve can’t fix the problems in their current games, why should we care? 

TF2 has a botting/cheating issues

Counterstrike has botting/cheating issues

Half Life Alyx was a let down

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dota suffers similar issues

Valve is no longer a game developer, they make products for a consumers to consume. Any game they make won’t be a game, it’ll be another quick grab at easy cash

Props to T-virus for informing Russell of this news so we can learn as well, been a week already but its the thought that counts

23 minutes ago, Littlepudintater said:

Props to T-virus for informing Russell of this news so we can learn as well, been a week already but its the thought that counts

ngl saw it on a Reddit Post yesterday. Just wanted to be sure. The thought does count though tbh

There is a gameplay video leaked by uncle dane, coincidently yesterday saw player numbers go up a lot for tf2, launched the game in hopes of playing some casuals and continue my contracts, and its all just bots 

image.thumb.png.186bef468ce1db214ca9b120d56ebb5b.png

25 minutes ago, lucak said:

There is a gameplay video leaked by uncle dane, coincidently yesterday saw player numbers go up a lot for tf2, launched the game in hopes of playing some casuals and continue my contracts, and its all just bots 

There are quite a lot of bots, however it's possible to find non-infested lobbies. It just takes a couple requeues if you join a bot one, at least from my experience.

We got the screenshots and a gameplay video highlighting 11 characters character screens. Gotta be an extremely early build but looks insanely soul-less for a valve game. I wont play bout that sniper chick tho

7 hours ago, WaterBisquitte said:

Valve is no longer a game developer, they make products for a consumers to consume. Any game they make won’t be a game, it’ll be another quick grab at easy cash

Alyx was not a letdown and CS2's cheating issues is much more attributed to it being popular worldwide than it being a neglected title

On 5/23/2024 at 4:39 PM, TheTexanTiger said:

Alyx was not a letdown and CS2's cheating issues is much more attributed to it being popular worldwide than it being a neglected title

To anyone who truly appreciated Half Life for the masterpiece that it was, Alyx was a massive let down.

Half Life 1 revolutionized first person shooters, completely turned gaming on its head. Forever changed how games would be made after it released. No other game has had the same impact on a games story telling and atmosphere than Half Life 1, next closest was Halo CE(After Half Life, before HL it was Unreal, but thats a whole nother rant in of itself) Half Life is the foundation of all of Valves successes, to see them shaft the game into nothing but a VR experience was incredibly insulting and downright depressing. 

CS2 being popular around the globe only furthers the sad state of what Valve has become. I refuse to believe that actively and consistently banning cheating/botting accounts is such a tremendous time and money consuming ordeal thats it’s just simply not worth the effort. You’d have an easier time convincing me that Valve is making the bots themselves in order to inflate player numbers to make themselves look better to marketing affiliates, which unfortunately is most likely the reality. 

I do not care for the pleadings of billion dollar corporate spokesmen when all they’ve done is proven time and time again throughout the past decade that they no longer have the gamers interest in mind, and are solely focused on printing as much money as they possibly can before more people begin realize that they’ve been had. 

8 hours ago, JayTuut said:

Hey @RussellSproutz

This is the best footage we have, the other screenshot leaks are like 1mp and super blurry

Yeah looks kind of meh tbh Jay. I'll cut them some slack as it's a prototype.

4 minutes ago, RussellSproutz said:

Yeah looks kind of meh tbh Jay. I'll cut them some slack as it's a prototype.

Yeah i dislike the art style a lot.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JayTuut said:

Yeah i dislike the art style a lot.

Yeah I get that, Jay. We're old heads who played TF2 for more than a decade. I think we're more used to old Valve. I miss those times.

On 5/23/2024 at 7:28 AM, WaterBisquitte said:

Valve could fix the problems in tf2, but they devote their energy and time to newer, more interesting things.

22 hours ago, bob_2_ said:

Valve could fix the problems in tf2, but they devote their energy and time to newer, more interesting things.

Ah yes, yet another class based shooter made with “modern game” attributes in mind. Very interesting and exciting. I’m sure all of Valves fans that feel sidelined by them as a company will be chomping at the bit for this.

Also, the focus of my post was not TF2, but Valve as a company as a whole. TF2 is but a small fraction of the much larger picture at hand.