Somewhat Cheap but Good/Decent Computers?

Punishment_Fatal

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent/good computers that can handle some of the most demanding video games but comes at a cheapish price. I don't necessarily have any cap of what I can spend on it, as this is for ahead of time when I think about buying a new laptop/desktop in the future. Thanks for your help if you commented or took the time to read this.

I think he means the cheapest possible price for a good computer that can run demanding games.

Well I meant what's cheap in his point of view. 1500$??

500$?

2$?

6000$?

I think the best one for gaming under $1000 was a lenovo one, cant remember. Google it, its highly recommended if you dont have the funs

There is this one it's called buildyourown you can pick all the different parts and stuff spending half that you would on a stupid alien ware or cyber power PC.

Currently I use an HP Pavilion 17numbernumberblahblah notebook laptop. It an play most of the games on my steam just fine, and some other, more "demanding" games.

I've got this $9001 Dragon-Ball Z themed computer. Doesn't run jackshit, looks like crap, really expensive. 

Buy one.

Honest as hell, no trolls attached; make your one computer. You can make a basic one for $600, runs games like Thieve maxed, 1080p at 60fps... I'd recommend going on youtube and searching.

I think the best one for gaming under $1000 was a lenovo one, cant remember. Google it, its highly recommended if you dont have the funs

i have a lenovo for 1000$. Its pretty nice, would recommend it

You can build a pretty decent one with an Haswell i5, 8gb ram, GTX760 for about $850-900--about 750-800 if you go with a lower class gpu (660/750ti).

Get a T182!

Its super awesum!!!

*Mispelling of awesome implies it is NOT awesome at all.

• 3 weeks later...

You can build a pretty decent one with an Haswell i5, 8gb ram, GTX760 for about $850-900--about 750-800 if you go with a lower class gpu (660/750ti).

>implying haswell is in any way better than 3xxx series (forget what you call it :/), especially price:power

>implying haswell is in any way better than 3xxx series (forget what you call it :/), especially price:power

Ivy. 

Theres no real difference in performance--nothing meaningful anyway--between haswell and ivy. The way Intel has been working these last few years: Year 1 introduce new architecture/design/socket. Year 2 beef it up. So the successor to haswell should be much better than ivy, and use the same socket as haswell. 

Ivy. 

Theres no real difference in performance--nothing meaningful anyway--between haswell and ivy. The way Intel has been working these last few years: Year 1 introduce new architecture/design/socket. Year 2 beef it up. So the successor to haswell should be much better than ivy, and use the same socket as haswell. 

The "beef up" was where we should expect a significant increase in performance.

The beef up was from ivy to haswell.

Ivy and Haswell both were disappointing when it came to heat. That was the biggest area they dropped the ball on for both processor lines (with the implications being negative for performance, power, and overclocking due to that issue). Haswell was much more disappointing for desktop users though since they focused most of their attention to the mobile platforms. To their credit, the mobile Haswell processor line is pretty impressive and they made significant cuts to power usage + integrated graphics were much better than expected.

The Haswell "refresh" may be something to watch though. From what my buddy told me a bit ago, they may plan on finally using a much better thermal. Intel went cheap and switched it up back with Ivy, which is primarily why Ivy got so much hotter than people expected (shit thermal). If they use something quality for the refresh on Haswell, the gains you could get from improved overclocking/lower power/less cooling needed would probably put it ahead of Ivy without reservation

Archived