-Trust Appeal

emilights.com

I have just made a negative feedback (with screen shot proof) for a user (name was gokum, forgot the link) with USD 1000 + backpack and some years of service stat.

Reasoning : (refer to the screen shot) I don't know if he is a spoiled rich brat or an immature smart kid or an adult having momentary insanity or just a guy having a really bad day and wanted to throw craps over someone else, BUT the scammer" accusation is quite strong and these days people (as described previously) tend to spam the steam flag.

Now, look at my negative 'TRUST' feedback = http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198112118226. After only a short time, with no evidence, by some cute guy (http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198082983810) who have nothing I'm interested in .

After reviewing, I really think that this kind of reputation thing should be moderated before they show up or at least posted with a status pending or something like that.

A mod can perhaps help to offer better solutions between parties, etc.

Considering how many trusts come in a day would just make the mod's jobs harder.

Good point there. I do understand the troubles, but for the, imo, important matter and with the amount of backpack donators, premiums, etc. maybe the wise guys can come up with something. Recruiting more mods, tweak the system for efficiency, ... etc. 

I wouldn't worry too much. If the majority of people are voting you up, one downvote with no real proof of you doing anything shouldn't hurt your rep. Not to mention, you seem like a nice guy.

It's like in price voting. If the majority of votes go up, one downvote doesn't close down the suggestion.

Trust is like profile rep anyways (it's just slightly more credible), so it won't really hurt you :D

After reviewing, I really think that this kind of reputation thing should be moderated before they show up or at least posted with a status pending or something like that.

Seems straightforward enough. Yes, the mods do look at these sorts of reports. In your screenies of your conversation with him, though, there are large portions blocked out. What's that about?

Also edited the title for future reference and moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

Thanks for the replies, I have contacted a mod to plea for the negative feedback i received, and Voila! polar bear is here.

Seems straightforward enough. Yes, the mods do look at these sorts of reports. In your screenies of your conversation with him, though, there are large portions blocked out. What's that about?

Also edited the title for future reference and moved to a more appropriate sub-forum.

It isn't blocked out, he was trying to be polite by using tons of emoticons. I only use windows snipping tool to catch the first and last part, bunch similar emoticons in between the two screen shots.

Archived