Geofff Price Check Appraisal Request

RussellSproutz

53 minutes ago, Braxol said:

I stated in forums a while ago that I offered you 3200 keys, that was to make the point that your greed caused a nice item to be locked forever in a scammers inventory because you had it listed for I think $12,000 for a while before it got hacked. If you would have been happy to accept something you probably paid 100 keys for and make 30-50x profit or who knows then you wouldn’t be mentioning my name in forums half a dozen times which is getting annoying and almost harassment. In reality to my comment though, again, as I’ve said multiple times in forums but you repeatedly disregard in context, is that I decided not to make the decision in buying your item for around 3200 keys because I thought it was too much. Yes, I was interested in the item but it was too much for me to buy. Again, I had two chances to buy it for 3200 keys, one on mannco when you had it listed and one directly with you over steam.

Did I pull the buy trigger after two chances? You tell me by answering if the item is locked forever in a scammers inventory.

Like I mentioned before I'm simply going by public information of what you said on the forums the day of the mannco hack which is why i sent a screenshot so people can decide for themselves. Whether it was to mock me or not, you stated you made an offer of 3200 keys for my hat and you said I declined and I explained the reason why, simple as that.

1 hour ago, STEVE said:

this is again reimbursement price, not real price.

4k usd being around 2.5k keys is probably the max its worth in this context

id guess its real value is a bit more but 2k-2.5k keys is prob all you could hope to ask for

1 hour ago, Apo said:

If this offer was actually concrete, should have tekkenrun. You said that you were cautious of doing p2p cash trades since you've been inactive in trading for a while.. but you threw caution to the wind when you decided to ignore the age-old rule of "not your inventory, not your items," and let a god tier item rot in someone else's inventory. Sad to see another god tier OG hween perma-locked because of greed.

I wish you luck in your negotiations with mannco, but I doubt you'll be getting 3200 keys worth from them. I agree with Steve, likely around the $4k mark is what you'd get.

I thought way more people get scammed through P2P cash trades compared to major trading sites getting hacked which is not that common unless I'm mistaken. So in mind I decided to just stick with a trading site as I thought it would be more safe for large cash amounts as well as the other reasons I mentioned before. Topic is subjective but that's just what I thinking. Thank you for your assessments which is the main point of my post! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, geoff said:

I thought way more people get scammed through P2P cash trades compared to major trading sites getting hacked which is not that common unless I'm mistaken. So in mind I decided to just stick with a trading site as I thought it would be more safe for large cash amounts as well as the other reasons I mentioned before. People can have their own opinions about this subject. Thank you for your assessments which is the main point of my post! 

This is true and fair, a majority of scams will happen through P2P trading. Not that it helps now, but mannco does have some shady history.

Obviously it's not your fault that your items were stolen. It's a shame that you have to deal with this process at all.

But I hope that anyone who's observed this situation would learn/understand that if you wish to use a site like mannco or marketplace, that it's best practice to find a buyer via other means (like BP.tf classifieds) and then only forfeit custody of the item once you've already found a buyer. For higher liquidity items (keys, gpans, lower tier unusuals, etc.) this doesn't matter as much, since usually the items will sell fairly quickly, minimizing your risk. Plus, if they were to be stolen/hacked somehow, and you do manage to get reimbursed (which is not a guarantee,) the value of these items is easier to determine, simplifying the process.

Hell, even though I will preach "not your inventory, not your items," I've sold multiple pans, thousands of keys, and even a multitude of lower tier unusuals and various other items on marketplace.tf. Though at this time, Geel was more active in running the site, and I had full trust that if anything were to happen to my items, I'd be fairly treated- a big part of that was/is marketplace.tf's service-first philosophy.

(this post was not sponsored by marketplace.tf)

Gotta love it when an honest price check just becomes a pissing match. People often underestimate how a hat being a one of a kind, something you can be GURANTEED no one else has can dramatically influence value. You have crystal clear evidence of a 3,200 key offer, lead with that and see if they go for it. If not, count your blessings that they're willing to work with you at all. Good luck!     

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mcextraTTV said:

Apologies but this spellbound Tyrants was in fact up for sale at $4000 at one point, I clearly pointed out the price in bp.tf discord. [link removed provided upon request] this may not be proof enough but I did in fact also see it up for 4k 

Why would the link be removed? If it was listed for $4000, it should be re-imbursed $4000.

16 minutes ago, JayTuut said:

Why would the link be removed? If it was listed for $4000, it should be re-imbursed $4000.

seems like it was listed for "$4k" for maybe less than a day- and that was over 1-2 years ago. btw, the link still exists in this thread, since Geoff quoted it. I'm not sure why the link was removed, but, the "evidence" isn't really the most convincing: https://gyazo.com/29a4d39560ac9a0a0077a3576835125e

29 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Gotta love it when an honest price check just becomes a pissing match. People often underestimate how a hat being a one of a kind, something you can be GURANTEED no one else has can dramatically influence value. You have crystal clear evidence of a 3,200 key offer, lead with that and see if they go for it. If not, count your blessings that they're willing to work with you at all. Good luck!     

this is true, for 1/1s you can essentially ask for whatever you want, and if a buyer wants it badly enough, they will pay wayyy over what's considered a reasonable price by most of the market participants. but it's also a double edged sword in a scenario like this, since it makes pricing it more complicated. the sad part about it is that he's essentially forced to sell it to the mannco.store forgiveness fund- instead of being able to sell it to the right buyer/collector who actually desires the item and is willing to spend for it. for a scenario like this, it would be easier if they had gpans stolen.. determining the reimbursement for a more common item like that is incredibly simple.

4 hours ago, Smartieshehe said:

You should be happy with ~3k-4k usd 

2 hours ago, STEVE said:

guess its real value is a bit more but 2k-2.5k keys is prob all you could hope to ask for

2 hours ago, Apo said:

agree with Steve, likely around the $4k mark is what you'd get.

geoff these guys are spot on, I’d go in and ask for a fair 3.5-4k cash refund and call it a day

4 hours ago, Braxol said:

You’re using only the high sales, you totally ignore all the lower sales. Also the spellbound killer exclusive might not be a real sale if you read my comments on it.

I’ll mention again since you skipped it over, I had the opportunity to buy the item twice for 3200 keys but I decided I did not want to. Once on mannco and once directly with Geoff

yeah I’m a washed up trader who hasn’t taken it seriously since 2015, this was a semi shitpost. 

hats aren’t even really validated by sales, only by what the current interested party is willing to pay. 3200 was an offer at one point, but so was 17000+ keys for an antlers that then got corrected over 4000 keys down on the next resuggest.

you make valid points, it’s just the way you are typing is offputting and makes me feel like you’re copping an attitude. 

2 hours ago, Braxol said:

Oh I forgot you aren’t a knowledgeable trader, so never mind.

An example above if you want to see what I’m considering “attitude.” Nobody is pushing you out of your lane, I respect your opinion and knowledge as someone who now has YEARS more experience than me. Just remember we’re all people, and kindness goes a lot farther than meanness. 

This thread is almost as cancerous as the MK one. You’re asking for opinions and your response is to disagree and argue against them in a non-polite and non-constructive manner. People are doing you a favor. Stop being so entitled.

Also, why do people keep asking for a price check when they “clearly” already know “the price”.

To finish this off, Russel mate, you should consider distancing yourself from all these Mannco monkeys. You’re voluntarily putting yourself in drama every single time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dominant said:

Russel mate, you should consider distancing yourself from all these Mannco monkeys. You’re voluntarily putting yourself in drama every single time. 

Russell singlehandedly reviving the forums with trading drama

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dominant said:

This thread is almost as cancerous as the MK one. You’re asking for opinions and your response is to disagree and argue against them in a non-polite and non-constructive manner. People are doing you a favor. Stop being so entitled.

Also, why do people keep asking for a price check when they “clearly” already know “the price”.

To finish this off, Russel mate, you should consider distancing yourself from all these Mannco monkeys. You’re voluntarily putting yourself in drama every single time. 

This tbh, what i bolded.

I think the whole point of this post is to get a community agreement on the price, because I assume SexySpartan is just chilling here seeing what people say  as it's not straightforward so mannco could be asking for a community consensus on what to reimburse him, not just a number he picks out of thin air potentially.

But damn there are some toxic people here :(

He wants "trader mains" to tell him its worth x amount because he's already gone to mannco and said its worth x amount.

Mannco have said, lmao nah, well give you x amount.

So he comes here begging for people to give amounts around what he thinks its worth so he can go back to mannco like - look look, this what trader mains say.

He already has a price in his mind, and he's arguing with anyone who says otherwise because guess what, he needs people to say its x amount so mannco agree.

Imo its max 3000 keys, average trader would offer like 2k-3k only someone who doesn't care about price would offer more than 3k keys in today's trading world.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dominant said:

Surprisingly I find nothing wrong with this thread. It's not a shitpost, it's a genuine conversation related to something within our community. Even the back and forth between Geoff and Braxol was respectful and productive enough to be a good post overall. The only bad part about this thread was the 🤡 behavior and expectation that the community was going to join the lunacy and say this hat is worth 2 pans. I think they were hoping they'd get a bunch of people praising it's rarity and saying "You never know with a hat like this!! Could be 2 pans to the right person!!! 😁" so they'd have more of a chance at profiting off the mannco refund situation. But Alas, it's 2024. And like Braxol said, demand within the market has changed dramatically in the past 1-2 years. So to say this hat is "worth" anything over 2500 keys (or 3200 if you feel like Braxol's offer was legit and verifiable. I do not.) just feels like speculation

This hat was initially listed on Mannco for ~$4000, we cant start valuing hats based on nothing but imagination, there need to be real, current and competitive offers on the table if you are going to reach for over a pan. Realistically this is worth anywhere in the range of my initial quoted price of 1500-2000 pure. I removed the link I posted because I don't feel comfortable posting links in this Forum but Apo has it covered. I hope you get the absolute maximum you can! 

• Like 1

Majority opinion is pretty right 2 pans is just crazy. That's too low, let's shoot for 3 pans.

9 hours ago, Dominant said:

Tbh I was just trying to help him out. Geofff added me 2 days ago asking about help. I wasn't looking to instigate some drama or something. I was just trying to help. I'll keep that noted next time for sure. No harm no foul.

4 hours ago, mcextraTTV said:

This hat was initially listed on Mannco for ~$4000, we cant start valuing hats based on nothing but imagination, there need to be real, current and competitive offers on the table if you are going to reach for over a pan. Realistically this is worth anywhere in the range of my initial quoted price of 1500-2000 pure. I removed the link I posted because I don't feel comfortable posting links in this Forum but Apo has it covered. I hope you get the absolute maximum you can! 

1500-2000 keys is cheap as fuck. The initial listing of $4k was a pretty good price at the time, I know multiple people that were going after it to offer pure, including myself. That was until he upped the price to $6k, and then I believe as high as $12k. Realistically a hat like this gets a pan, but Geoff should be thankful if he gets anything over $4k from mannco.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

For someone who's got a space pfp you sure talk a lotta hot air

images.jpg.9b2600eab8c2a679ca8ffc201ec88050.jpg

9 hours ago, Apo said:

Russell singlehandedly reviving the forums with trading drama

i thank amba and russell once again for this necromancy moment

10 hours ago, JayTuut said:

This tbh, what i bolded.

I think the whole point of this post is to get a community agreement on the price, because I assume SexySpartan is just chilling here seeing what people say  as it's not straightforward so mannco could be asking for a community consensus on what to reimburse him, not just a number he picks out of thin air potentially.

But damn there are some toxic people here :(

7 hours ago, Flaim said:

Surprisingly I find nothing wrong with this thread. It's not a shitpost, it's a genuine conversation related to something within our community. Even the back and forth between Geoff and Braxol was respectful and productive enough to be a good post overall. The only bad part about this thread was the 🤡 behavior and expectation that the community was going to join the lunacy and say this hat is worth 2 pans. I think they were hoping they'd get a bunch of people praising it's rarity and saying "You never know with a hat like this!! Could be 2 pans to the right person!!! 😁" so they'd have more of a chance at profiting off the mannco refund situation. But Alas, it's 2024. And like Braxol said, demand within the market has changed dramatically in the past 1-2 years. So to say this hat is "worth" anything over 2500 keys (or 3200 if you feel like Braxol's offer was legit and verifiable. I do not.) just feels like speculation

7 hours ago, Sardeenz said:

He wants "trader mains" to tell him its worth x amount because he's already gone to mannco and said its worth x amount.

Mannco have said, lmao nah, well give you x amount.

So he comes here begging for people to give amounts around what he thinks its worth so he can go back to mannco like - look look, this what trader mains say.

He already has a price in his mind, and he's arguing with anyone who says otherwise because guess what, he needs people to say its x amount so mannco agree.

Imo its max 3000 keys, average trader would offer like 2k-3k only someone who doesn't care about price would offer more than 3k keys in today's trading world.

I haven't agreed or disagreed with anyone's price check and I haven't even shared my own thoughts about the value of my item, I'm just hearing people out and seeing what they think the fair value should be. I doubt mannco even sees or cares about public opinion but of course I want a realistic and fair compensation for both sides as would anyone else if they lost a item valued at a few thousand dollars, thats a pretty big hit. Everyone can have their own assessments/price checks as this a public forum and I appreciate the people that are actually doing that. 

• Love 1