Geofff Price Check Appraisal Request

RussellSproutz

Hey y'all. Thank you everyone for helping with MK's price assessment.

I was asked by Geofff, the owner of the 1 of 1 SpellBound Tyrant's Helm for a price check: https://backpack.tf/item/2046347121 

I evaluated this at like 2 pans so we're asking for 2 lists a full price and a quicksell price for the Mann co reparations.

Feedback is welcome. Thanks!

10 hours ago, RussellSproutz said:

Hey y'all. Thank you everyone for helping MK's price assessment.

I was asked by Geofff, the owner of the 1 of 1 SpellBound Tyrant's Helm for a price check: https://backpack.tf/item/2046347121 

I evaluated this at like 2 pans so we're asking for 2 lists a full price and a quicksell price for the Mann co reparations.

I appreciate anyone that can give their input on my item. I asked Russell to help me is because I'm not well known in the community as I no longer trade at all and I wanted to just get the input of more knowledge people. No troll posts please 

• Thanks 1

When are people gonna stop using 3rd party marketplaces that make you deposit your items to a bot? Literally scam central. CS has many marketplaces that use p2p trading. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RussellSproutz said:

Hey y'all. Thank you everyone for helping MK's price assessment.

How do you come up with prices because a single-class hat has never sold for 2 pans ever?

• Like 9

The 1 of 5 Spellbound War Pig was priced at 5160 keys, but it was based off of a double-spelled sale. Definitely should not have been. 

The 1 of 4 Spellbound Sergeant's Drill Hat sold for 2200 keys two months ago. Seems high imo. Two sellers on the market, asking $4,050 and 2400 keys respectively. 

The 1 of 2 Darkblaze Tyrant's Helm sold for 3000 keys cash equivalent ten months ago, but it was also Pro. KS.

The 1 of 1 Poisoned Shadows Tyrant's Helm is currently asking 3500 keys by Nervous Pyro, meaning it probably won't sell near that, lol.

I could see the Spellbound Tyrant's Helm selling for a Pan, maybe slightly more. It would certainly quicksell in 1600-1900 area. A Spellbound YWN did just sell for 2700 keys, but that was definitely quite high and shouldn't be used as a comparison.

3 hours ago, Braxol said:

2300 keys or 1500 keys.

If you previously offered Geoff 3200 keys, then I am not sure how you are valuing it at 1500-2300 now, because I know you were not buying it for keeps.

13 minutes ago, Braxol said:

How do you come up with prices because a single-class hat has never sold for 2 pans ever?

4 minutes ago, Flaim said:

Where tf did you pull 2 pans from? Garbage

It's more like an assessment. Ik others have done the same when I was talking to Geofff earlier on DMs. You're entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to my own. Thanks and have a good one. :)

21 minutes ago, Braxol said:

20 minutes ago, Braxol said:

2300 keys or 1500 keys.

I asked the current dark blaze tyrants helm owner for the highest offer on his hat and he said declined a offer of 2 gold pans.

Also, you stated in backpack.tf publicly the day mannco got hacked that you offered 3200 keys before and it was declined by me. 

Picture.JPG

• Like 3

Just now, geoff said:

Also, you stated in backpack.tf publicly the day mannco got hacked that you offered 3200 keys before and it was declined by me. 

So moral of the story is that you played yourself

You passed on someone offering you a pan+, highballed tf out of it and let it sit for ages, now you're praying Russel's "assessment" + this thread will somehow rally up Mannco's forgiveness fund to pay you out 2 pans worth of $

I think Spotlight's assessment is fair. No idea where Russell's assessment came from. Probably straight out of his ass

• Like 2

How does the idea that you're not well known in the community mean that you need to get Russell to start a thread for you? Usually the thing that gets more responses in a price check thread is the item itself, not who posted it (as much as Russell starting threads does tend to get more responses, they're often not responses that really answer your question).

4 minutes ago, Flaim said:

You passed on someone offering you a pan+, highballed tf out of it and let it sit for ages, now you're praying Russel's "assessment" + this thread will somehow rally up Mannco's forgiveness fund to pay you out 2 pans worth of $

I think Spotlight's assessment is fair. No idea where Russell's assessment came from. Probably straight out of his ass

My item was one of many rare hats that were hacked from mannco so I'm not sure how I played myself, just an unfortunate situation for everyone who lost items. Don't really understand how I high balled when I was getting offers close to my price before my item was hacked.

I simply asked for a price check for my item not sure how you take that as a rally. I started the thread solely to get a fair price estimate and people's assessment.

18 minutes ago, Alecto said:

How does the idea that you're not well known in the community mean that you need to get Russell to start a thread for you? Usually the thing that gets more responses in a price check thread is the item itself, not who posted it (as much as Russell starting threads does tend to get more responses, they're often not responses that really answer your question).

As you mentioned Russell starting the threads tend to get more responses so he has more reach than me as seen from the MK post, MK got a good amount of assessments from everyone. 

11 minutes ago, geoff said:

Don't really understand how I high balled when I was getting offers close to my price before my item was hacked.

I'm callin 🧢

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Flaim said:

I'm callin 🧢

That's the point of me asking for a public price check for my item so unless it was an offer stated publicly for my item like Braxol offering 3.2k keys on backpack.tf forums, I didn't mention it. That's why I'm asking for the price check. 

1 hour ago, Flaim said:

For someone who's got a space pfp you sure talk a lotta hot air

54 minutes ago, Alecto said:

Edited by AwesomeSause
Removed by user

1 hour ago, Flaim said:

Like I said before you are entitled to your opinion, Flaim. If you like you can weigh in with your assessment. You are free to do it. We're simply trying to get information here. Both Geofff and MK were the few of the many victims that were affected from the Mannco.store Hack in January. Thanks again. :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geoff said:

27 minutes ago, geoff said:

That's the point of me asking for a public price check for my item so unless it was an offer stated publicly for my item like Braxol offering 3.2k keys on backpack.tf forums, I didn't mention it. That's why I'm asking for the price check. 

I didn’t actually have 3200 keys to offer you, I was just asking if that’s what you would take to gauge how willing you were to sell it because to me it seemed like you weren’t trying to actually sell it since you’ve had it for around or over a decade I think you were just trying to show it off and keep it. You need to give full context as I’ve already explained this in the forums before. 3200 keys for a spellbound tyrants helm is too much. Even the Darkblaze Tyrants sold for less and that has a 1000 key kit along with being bought by a portal collector.

• Like 3

I don't want to be insensitive about your items being stolen - but an "assessment" of 2 pans is outrageous, and makes it seem like this is an effort to extort mannco for reparations in excess of the loss.

The highest amount you should be requesting for it should be either the highest fully-verifiable offer you've received for it, or the amount you paid for it in the first place. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NobodyNose said:

I hope you realize with that screenshot, Braxol isn't the only one that looks like a fool. Like he said, you declined a little over a pan just to leave it to rot on a 3rd party website.

I just posted it because it's an offer made by him that he stated publicly on backpack.tf so anyone can take it however they like. 

7 hours ago, TheTexanTiger said:

I don't want to be insensitive about your items being stolen - but an "assessment" of 2 pans is outrageous, and makes it seem like this is an effort to extort mannco for reparations in excess of the loss.

The highest amount you should be requesting for it should be either the highest fully-verifiable offer you've received for it, or the amount you paid for it in the first place. 

I agree for the most part that fully verifiable offer is the best but it's hard to get the fully verifiable offers unless it's public which is the issue in my case. No intention of extorting mannco or getting extra value which is why I asked for a public price check. 

1 hour ago, TheTexanTiger said:

I get what you're coming from Texan, but we got to remember that items do inflate over time.

MK had a similar situation where he bought his items a couple years ago and Mannco asked for the prices of 2017. Prices in 2017 and prices in 2024 are night and day.