Jump to content

Tier 10 Trader Main


NobodyNose

Recommended Posts

Offloading the near death family dog you don't fuck with in any capacity for almost a band is a masterclass in negotiating. He promised his parents generational wealth and inshullah it will be delivered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i did not expect the dog trade to be real at all wtf

 

not being able to take care of a dog and wanting to find someone more capable is one thing, but to do it as part of a trade...? yikes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't wait for the next forum post: OrangeZest valued his child at 2500 keys in a trade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So yeah like I literally downvoted my suggestion. I know that's a first. at this rate, I'll just let the mod's close it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

to be honest, offloading the family dog that will die in the near future to someone for immortal pixels is actually a smart play. you cant grieve if you dont know they died. dude probably made one of his smartest trades ever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

been around the community since 2011, have seen some shit.

 

have never been as appalled as I am now, this is gross. I already thought traders had 0 integrity and morals but to be this open about it? fuck sake, poor dog.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

id straight up delete my entire inv that I’ve dropped over 4k on rather than sell one of my cats for a profit

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jarool said:

smart, as irl dogs don't take up an inventory space

Dogs can carry backpacks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buying a 100 keys with my grandma's ashes hmu if interested

(this is a joke) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if this is some sort of elaborate joke, neither of these guys reputations should be left untarnished. Extremely fucked up thing to do or even joke about. The dog doesn't deserve to be serparated from his family for efffectively no reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rainy said:

Even if this is some sort of elaborate joke, neither of these guys reputations should be left untarnished. Extremely fucked up thing to do or even joke about. The dog doesn't deserve to be serparated from his family for efffectively no reason.


im possibly leaving tf2 and the community over this, I listed my big shit for sale but im probably just locking it away, turning everything friends only/private and becoming even more reclusive

 

tired of associating myself with people I have 0 respect for. shit was always bad but now it’s to the point where I can barely stomach all of the recent bs.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is definitely one of the saddest fucked up thing’s i’ve seen in a long time, coming from me thats not good at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bananas said:


im possibly leaving tf2 and the community over this, I listed my big shit for sale but im probably just locking it away, turning everything friends only/private and becoming even more reclusive

 

tired of associating myself with people I have 0 respect for. shit was always bad but now it’s to the point where I can barely stomach all of the recent bs.

yeah man, like I said before, even if its a joke, no one is laughing. I would highly encourage everyone not to trade with these two for the simple fact that they can do or joke about doing something so shitty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

me sitting here with my $500 inv not realizing i could be selling irl heirlooms, body parts, and living animals for hats with sparkles on them

I Owe You an Apology. I Wasn't Really Familiar With Your Game | Know Your  Meme

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a significant lack of context here lol

Gummy and zest live relatively close to eachother and are IRL friends

Zest cant take care of the older dog anymore, and gummy has hung out with and played with the dog several times prior.

With this context, the situation is way less extreme than it initially sounded lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Additional context: image.png?ex=65dcab95&is=65ca3695&hm=313baae1a43263817ff1eae04351515c2799cf0a8521b4eeff89c2c3ffc9a3b6&

 

2 minutes ago, STEVE said:

There is a significant lack of context here lol

Gummy and zest live relatively close to eachother and are IRL friends

Zest cant take care of the older dog anymore, and gummy has hung out with and played with the dog several times prior.

With this context, the situation is way less extreme than it initially sounded lol


I get you feel the need to defend them Steve but come on he was cracking jokes about his dog in discord, sure feels callous.

 

And valuing a 10 year old dog? Seriously? We’re gonna start discussing the trade in value of your pet? If my cat has low mileage and a good engine to I get more keys for it?

 

The situation is still pretty extreme and unprecedented, this isn’t like asking for a car or an Xbox

 

im sure the dude with 100k virtual hat inventory can take care of his own dog, he’s just finding excuses not to. No, moving isn’t an excuse, being sick isn’t an excuse, there are no excuses. You either do the right thing, or you don’t do the right thing. Pretty obvious which choice was made here.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bananas said:

 


I get you feel the need to defend them Steve but come on he was cracking jokes about his dog in discord, sure feels callous.

 

And valuing a 10 year old dog? Seriously? We’re gonna start discussing the trade in value of your pet? If my cat has low mileage and a good engine to I get more keys for it?

 

The situation is still pretty extreme and unprecedented, this isn’t like asking for a car or an Xbox

 

im sure the dude with 100k virtual hat inventory can take care of his own dog, he’s just finding excuses not to. No, moving isn’t an excuse, being sick isn’t an excuse, there are no excuses. You either do the right thing, or you don’t do the right thing. Pretty obvious which choice was made here.

I get where you are coming from, but selling a pet to a trusted friend really isnt that absurd of a thing to do. Money isnt everything, and if he truly doesn't have the time or energy to take care of the pet then re-homing it to a more active owner will be beneficial for everyone involved.

The chatlogs though arent great, it certainly was a bad look for everyone involved.

Just looks like this has become an overblown issue

 

From a "holy shit what the fuck" to a more "oh eh that was lame of them to do/say"

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For everyone wondering, this is the new context Steve is talking about.

Even after this, It doesn't sit well with me that someone would trade their dog for virtual pixels and put a low price tag on your best friend.

Screenshot_2024-02-12_161443.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although it does lighten the blow and gives more clarity, hopefully, Ozest can get his dog back when he can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, STEVE said:

I get where you are coming from, but selling a pet to a trusted friend really isnt that absurd of a thing to do. Money isnt everything, and if he truly doesn't have the time or energy to take care of the pet then re-homing it to a more active owner will be beneficial for everyone involved.

The chatlogs though arent great, it certainly was a bad look for everyone involved.

Just looks like this has become an overblown issue


rehoming to someone you trust is awesome, but it usually doesn’t come with a trade in value, that’s where everyone is getting disgusted. the chat logs add fuel to the fire, makes them both seem really inconsiderate.

 

doing the right thing would have been giving the dog to gummy (for no cost), and providing all the essentials and necessities for the dogs immediate needs. (a little kibble, his dog bed etc, not a lifetime supply of everything)

 

I’m not gonna sit here and try to stab people with a pitchfork over and over but this incident made me realize I’m putting too much energy and time (and money) into the wrong things, and it’s time to make adjustments.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to the price suggestion; is this sale now unusable or do you take the dog out of the equation? It seems like the consensus is that we should not put a price tag on living beings, which includes Ozests dog. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dominant said:

Back to the price suggestion; is this sale now unusable or do you take the dog out of the equation? It seems like the consensus is that we should not put a price tag on living beings, which includes Ozests dog. 

Yeah I need to hear about this. I was hoping to just take out the 450 so we can make it the new revise suggestion 4560 - 4825, since the first sale was legitimate. Plus I miscalculated on this suggestion anyways, so this will be revised either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

Yeah I need to hear about this. I was hoping to just take out the 450 so we can make it the new revise suggestion 4560 - 4825, since the first sale was legitimate. Plus I miscalculated on this suggestion anyways, so this will be revised either way.

Probably excluding the whole sale is better. Also, if you do resuggest please round to the nearest 100 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...